• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LV's 2009 Season

I picked up some red habanero (well that's what they're labelled) and some cayenne seedlings today from Bunnings.

Also put my paper lanterns into bigger pots and repotted my lone fatalli and one of my bigger cayennes.

Got pods growing well on my diablo, cayennes and super chilli. Plenty of flower on most of my other plants. It looks like the start of a good season.

My first meagre harvest

firstharvest2009.jpg

Also got my very first Fatalii pod happening, the photo was out of focus though :oops:

SeeYouJimmy said:
Very nice going LV. My first 2 Fatalis popped up today, but they're much smaller than yours.... Jealous of the mangoes.

Thanks mate, I'm rather excited to see them growing. I took the Fatalli to work and showed some other chilli heads.

We ended up slicing it up some went on my home made pizza the rest went on pizzas they made.

It is the hottest chilli I've eaten fresh so far. Looking forward to seeing the Nova Naga pods ripen now.

I'd love to have your climate. I've had 2 pods on my Afghan Long ripen so far and a handful of tiny Jalapenos but nothing else even set besides the 2 Fatalis. Will be quite a while before I get ripe fruit from any of my plants.

yeah, great pics indeed!
& i'm also very envious of that mango tree, in fact any fruit tree, as scottish weather tends not to produce much fruit, if any in my garden!

This year has seen some firsts for me with some types I've only started growing producing pods.

My first Dorset Naga (thanks to Nova)
normal_dorsetnagapods.JPG

My first Fatalii
normal_firstfatalli.jpg

My first Red Savinas
normal_redsavinapods.jpg

My first Congo Trindad pod
normal_congotrinidadpod.JPG

This growing season so far has not been a total success for me, I ended up throwing out nearly all the seedlings I've started. They seemed to be struggling so I thought I'd start again next season rather than coax them along.

I managed to kill my Fatalli which was rather sad as it took ages to get going and produce a single pod. :(

On the other hand my orange habaneros have given me nearly 3kg of pods, the chocolate habs a handful and the dorset nagas a couple of pods.

Next season I'm going to try trinidad scorpions, 7 pods, fatallis and bhut jolokias again. I'll start germinating in June with a heat mat, it seemed to work for the dorset nagas this year.

The recent rain has made a couple of my orange habs and all my birdseyes grow like crazy, it's odd to look at an orange hab around 3 foot tall and see the one beside it hovering around 9 inches. They were similar sizes when planted.

I woudn't be giving up yet Lord, i was getting pods off my Dorset into May last year. Still time to let them grow out if you have any left.

I've got all the ones from your seeds that I started around June/July, everything that I started October onwards were doing poorly. Easier for me to start again for next season I've got to stop potting up too early, my plants tend to suffer from my eagerness.

Do you transplant early enough that the rootball just breaks up when you take it out of the container? If so- BAD BOY!

Back