• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Make your best taco.

And it doesn't have to be mexican.

I put ever dang 'thang on a flour or corn tortilla.

Thats a taco.

Make a bigger taco.

Thats a burrito.

Its all good.

Ever had a brisket and egg breakfast taco?

How about a sun dried tomato, goat cheese, roasted garlic, pequin, and refried bean taco?

The rules are this.

Keep it flour or corn.

Home made or store bought.

If you post a pita taco I will like you but then unlike you.

And then probably still like you again if it looks really good.

Get crazy.

Lime cilantro chicken thighs with pequin powder.

I love pequins.

Flat topped.

Like a naval aircraft carrier.

IMG_0342.jpg

And even more lime and cilantro.

In pintos and rice.

IMG_0340.jpg

Roll it all up with some cheese and rock it!

The pics do no justice.

IMG_0345.jpg

Those damn paper plates.

Give it to me!

ShowMeDaSauce said:
 Waitress, "Jesús, the gringo just ordered the lengua tacos...Should i tell him that its tongue?"

The cook, "No, wait until he is done eating it!!!" :D

Me, "Excuse me miss can i get about 6 more tongue tacos to go...Thank you."

Why would the tongue be undesirable? As opposed to offal, or the anus lol! Really though, what's undesirable about the tongue as opposed to say the loin or other cuts?

Lengua off the pot, and ready to chop up. You have to peel off the hard outer skin first, which basically just slides right off after such a nice simmer.

I first chop off the "ankle". This cut has a lot of intramuscular fat, so I like to separate it, and dice it up later, before a good pan frying on the griddle/cast iron/disco.

The remaining "foot" is an insanely tender and lean lean meat, that I chop up immediately, and prep to slap on some tortillas.

Attachments

• 20181009_173219.jpg
    20181009_173219.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20181009_175355.jpg
    20181009_175355.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20181009_175532.jpg
    20181009_175532.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20181009_175742.jpg
    20181009_175742.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 46
  • 20181009_180345.jpg
    20181009_180345.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 48
The Hot Pepper said:

Why would the tongue be undesirable? As opposed to offal, or the anus lol! Really though, what's undesirable about the tongue as opposed to say the loin or other cuts?

Having seen and smelled cooked tongue many times, its not the most appealing meat until its been peeled and cut up. Im not really a big organ meat fan either except for chicken gizzards which are pretty funky too just boiled.

Walchit said:
Where's the organ meat thread? I'm gonna go there to hate on gizzards.
I love some liver though. Beef with onions or fried chicken liver. With ketchup.
I could easily start one. I cook with organ meats ALL the time! Check any of the other food threads I post on. I cooked chinchulines(small intestines), and morcilla(blood sausage) for dinner last night. My absolute favorites are mollejas(sweet breads), and riñones(kidneys). So ridiculously tasty when grilled properly!

Those look great TGCM! I love lengua tacos, and sliced thin for sandwiches. I like it diced then fried up like how your going to use the "ankle" for tacos. Just had some last week at taco Escobar here, $3.00 each! Cheers

FreeportBum said:
Those look great TGCM! I love lengua tacos, and sliced thin for sandwiches. I like it diced then fried up like how your going to use the "ankle" for tacos. Just had some last week at taco Escobar here, $3.00 each! Cheers
Thanks man! The ankle works perfect for that

Back