• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Malt Vinegar

Stronger smell of Vinegar so its working, evaporating, not sure if I should top it up with water.

SLyq2aw.jpg

dragonsfire said:
I found out you can only go as high as 7% or the mother will suffer, thats why mine is taking so long.
Trying another batch with wine I have clearing and will dilute a little more than last time and see how it goes just making regular fruit wine vinegar looks to be right around eight or nine % I know it's not going to be malt vinegar but I'm trying again thanks for any tips

Tossed it.
Problem one, the alcohol was too high and the process was incomplete.  Problem two, Hops dont go with vinegar, have to get malt pure. Taste was bland.

A2CtVxH.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Tossed it.
Problem one, the alcohol was too high and the process was incomplete.  Problem two, Hops dont go with vinegar, have to get malt pure. Taste was bland.

A2CtVxH.jpg
Bummer [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DF, I have a quick question for you, when you start your vinegars, do you use the same mother for all of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the ACV creates a light scoby and the malt/coffee creates a dark one, I don't know if they affect the flavor but just in case I separate them.

Back