• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marvin's 347 grow 2k16

Hi everyone :dance:

I figured i could start my own grow thread to get help during the process and sharing pictures with you !

btw i speak french as 1st language  so my grammar may not be on point !

1 month ago i wasn't into pepper at all and i was at a buddy's house and he show me is little pepper plant and i came back at home to see that there was a huge pepper scene ahahah!

So i went to the local store to grab some seeds for sweet and hot pepper,  then i found the online seller, logged on a fb pepper page and now iam here hahaha.

So i germinated somes under the t5ho that i use for my aquarium 

Then i made a diy fixture and ordered 2 more t5ho 

I have now ordered 3 more t5ho to add later in this fixture that can accept 6.

I used and old bed base to install the plant on it, also used the bubblefoam reflector  that was used to package the t5ho i ordered, i figured the bubble will act like isolation keeping some of the heat from the light and the aluminium foil color for light reflection. Not sure how effective it is but anyway it was free.

I ordered some seeds from PepperNorth : Aji limon, Fatalii Yellow, 7pot Douglah and Carolina Reapers.

I also have Super Chilli F1, Cayenne and Burpee unknow mix  from the local store and finally somes Scotch Bonnet from a friend.

The Reaper and Douglah was ordered later so they are not sprouted yet

All the Aji limon sprouted really fast, 5 Fatalii are also coming up and 2 scotch bonnet 

In this picture you can see the Cayenne in the cup at left, Burpee in center and Super Chilli F1 in the cup on the right. The jiffy crete in front are the Reapers and Douglah, and the jiffy crete on the right is just sweet mini peppers from the local store.

I plan to grow them to put outside and keep 2-3 inside for fun!

So that's about it for now ... if you see thing i do wrong do not hesitate to tell!!

Vince

juanitos said:
first pepper of 2016? woohoo

Yep haha iam so happy, actually i found 2 others on the same plants, and after further inspection i found that all 8 of my super chili f1 plants are all full of little pods haha .

Those plants are suppose to only grow 35-45 cm so they are about 30 right now full of flowers.

Thanks Wolf! I now have 2 bhut from your seeds . :P

Sunday pictures updates...

More pods on the cayenne and chili f1, topped most of my superhot in square pots since i run out of space .

Topped 80% of my solocup super hot also for same reason.

Recovery after topping

cayennes

super chili f1

Little update, i prepped the garden and potted 15 in 3 gal pots.

Should i plant my superhot in the garden or they will do better in pots, iam not sure what to put where.

i would prefer to plant more directly in dirt costwise if the result is comparable , promix and pots are not cheap here...

I have about 15 cayenne, 15 sweet , 8 chilli and about 50 superhot.

in the garden i have 3 strip of 16 ft that i will put plants.

What would you do ?!?

Little update, i build something to reduce wind and i used the left over black mat to acclimate the weakest cayenne and chili, all my topped superhot execpt aji limon has  had no acclimatation with succes but the cayenne  and chilli are super weak.

I had some problem with a plywood falling on 8 potted super hot broken about 1 branches per plants but they all still doing ok

Update of the pepper garden !!

I have under estimated the size they will grow a bit but its ok for now.

I have noticed that the promix/ potted seems in better shape than the planted ones.

i have retopped them lately since they were showing bud but now i think i will let them do their thing.

My aji limon are full of pepper since couples weeks ago but they just don't turn yellow , how long its suppose to take ?!?!

Sorry for the HDR picture i forgot to turn off the setting

I still feed gen hyd 3 part series that i premix in drum and feed with a pump and hose .

And couples of picture of what i have harvested since ...

Comments / tips  and names f those pepper are welcomes iam not sure what they really are if i compare them to what i see on the net .

Nice looking grow for sure.

Thanks guys !

Iam exited to see my first super hot !!

And i think iam already addicted to thoses pepper, i was never eating hot food before and now its at least 1 time a day hahah!

edit : i have couples of fatalii growing on one plant! :onfire:

Update of the pepper!!

I have been out a lot these days so the pepper have been watering too much by my neighbour, so the plants are a little yellowish but overhall doin fine .

I harvest TONS of Aji limon, defenatly a good producer i will grow next year, girlfriend and i love to eat those on pieces of cheese .

cayenne and chili f1 doin fine also , chili produce a lot too!

Now for the superhots,look like i will have a lots of Fatalii , reapers and couples of douglah! :dance:
I also made my first hot sauce with somes chili f1, cayenne and thai mixed with carrots oignons, garlic, white vinegar and water, it's mild and taste like hot chicken wings sauce, girlfriend and I loving it  :P

Here is somes pods pictures took in the last 4-5 days.

Note that this is my new Canon g9x camera, My friend dropped my s100 during my last trackday so i shipped the camera to Canon Canada and they were unable to repair it so they offer a exchanges at repair prices which was under 150$ so  jumped on the deal, the g9x out of the box seem a step ahead of my old s100, extremly happy with the Canon after sale service!!!

Super chili F1:

Reaper or Douglah, not sure since i forgot to label somes during potting..

Reapers in the sunset during bottom feeding routine with General Hyd nuts, i ususally do 3 top feeding for 1 bottom feeding .

Another Reaper:

Not sure what is this one , girlfriend took the pic , look like a reaper plant.

Reaper after feeding straith water:

Fatalii producing a lots!

I actually tested a pod that turned yellow with a friend, it was not what i expected, to me it smell pretty intense and not pleasent, the taste was also pretty intense , i felt no citrucy , only hard flavour that i didn't like at all to be honest and searing heat, even after  the dinner i could still feel it in my belly lol.Not sure what i will do with all of thoses, maybe hot sauce or something.

More Fatalii:

7pot Douglah:

Douglah:

Scotch Bonnet from a friend:

And a picture of my last ride with the gf at Lac St-Jean during sunset:

DesertRoots said:
Cool setup you have going, looks like the pods are rolling in.  The scenery is great looking too, what kind of bike are you riding out there?

Street: 2014 Zx10r  with Akrapovic exhaust, ecu reflash and +3 rear gear, made 192,7whp.

Track : 09 Zx6r with lots of mods!

At Calabogie motorsport park Ontario:

Street bike :

First 7pot douglah !!

I ate about 1/4 of the pod because i was scared of a bigger piece for a test but that was pleasant ! 

I love the taste of this pepper 100 times more than the fatalii, the burn was smooth and enjoyable considering the size of the piece !

can't wait to harvest more!

also got this one who is labeled as a fatalli but the pod is turning more red so we will see how it end up!

Update picture!

We got lots of rain and too much watering from gf since i was out for the weekend so the plants turned yellow and lost hundred of flower :(

But i am confident i will get couples new since the end of the season, weather look nice for the next days!

I harvest about one of those bowl per day

I spoke with my seed vendor and it look like i have red fatalii along with the yellow   and burgundy  variance in my douglah seeds so it add a little variety..

the red fatalii smell and taste awesome, and i litterally only eat fatalli, reaper,douglah now , gf is still using the chili and aji and cayenne since its milder.

late night snack : 

reaper grill cheese with low fat swiss cheese and old style bread

Wolf1888 said:
Wow! Well done! You definitely have way more peppers than me! Haha, keep it up, your peppers look so yummy!

Hahaha in fact i think i have wayyy to much loll.

I got a food savers and bagged tons of peppers,i smoked some on the smokers and now iam drying the rest in the grow room  !!

We got our first little frost here but only 5-6 plants  that was planted in the ground were affected on top, all the potted were fine, lots of plants are now in their 3rd row of pepper , the aji's are full of huge pod , i harvest a big bowl everyday since more than a month!

pm me if you are interested in some seeds or something!

Some of the biggest harvest look like this !

Back