• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mattys first ever Glog "Into the fire" 2019 season

Hello everyone and thanks for looking at my "Into the Fire" Glog!!

So I started my gardening hobby in my early 20's about 16 years ago now, and though I have played around with many types of flowers/vegis  tomato's is what most of my energy was put into. I loved alll the different colors and types that could be grown which really reminds me of all the exciting Chilli variety's that exist today. A couple seasons ago while looking for some info on a particular type of sweet pepper I stumbled onto a few videos of some people eating super hots (Ghost,Reapers ect..).  After looking into it a little more I figured this would be a very interesting thing to grow even just as a novelty since really no one in my area grows much if anything at all.

Last Winter I went and bought some seeds from Ebay..one was a mixed bag Ghost/Reaper/Scorpion...another was the Peter Pepper and the third was some type of Thai i believe. Only the Thai ended up growing true to type and the other 2 was a Cayenne and Ornamental. I was pretty disappointed when they did finally start putting out pods. It was around that time I started looking for a group or forum dedicated to Chillis, and luck would have it I found THP and all of you fantastic peoples.

Anyways with the boring back story outta the way I really planned ahead for this years grow....I built a 6'Hx6'Lx2'D grow box (not exact mesurments) which has 3 shelves and the middle one able to come out if I wnated to grow larger plants from the bottom tier. I went overkill on seed types making 3 decent size buys, 2 of which were 30+ from Garth at TexasHotPeppers and a smaller one from a fella in Arz.

I do not plan to grow all of these as my wife would kill me, but 20 or so might not be so bad.

The list:

Trinidad X strain
Pimenta Chris fat
Bonda Mahala
7 Pot Lava (Red)
Jays Choc Ghost Scorpion
Chachuca
Yaki Blue Fawn
BB7 Bhut Choc
Tobago Treasure
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Peach Bhut WM
Borg 9 Yellow
Arseclown Jolokia
Red Savina X Fatalii (Yellow)
Tobago Seasoning
Arrowhead
Peachgum Tiger MAMP V1
Uraguay Seasoning
Reaper X SRTSL
Aji Charapita
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Reaper X BOC F3
7 Pot Moruga Scorpion
Choc Primo
BB7 Jobito Choc
Bad Brains
White Naga
7 Pot Pink
Tepin X Lemon Drop
Big Caramel Mama
Brainstrain X Reaper
Scotch Bonnet Long
CP115
Tangerine Hab
Big Yellow Mama
Monster Apocallise
Kraken Peach
Devils Tongue White
Bhutlah Lime X
Peach Bleeder
Jumbo Naga smooth
Jonahs Orange Nipple
Tiger bibi
Orange ghost Jami
Purple Reaper
Monkey Face yellow
Mustard reaper X
Peach Bonnet Scorpion
Naga Viper
Naga Viper Choc
BBG 7 white
BBG7 midnight
komodo Dragon
Red Mazano
Bad Brains pepper
Infinity
Jonahs Yellow
Sepia Reaper
Macapa
JAFSH Black
Fialga Roxa
Sugar Rush x Mango
white lightening Bolt
PDN x douglah 2.3
7 pot burgendy
Bleeding Heart yellow
Nagabon X Yellow Primo (yellow)
Orange Yaky
Orange Fatlli Scorpion

That was my 2 buys from Garth (The above list)

This is the smaller buy from Negroni

Chocolate Reapers
Red Ghost Peppers
Butch Taylor Reaper
Chocolate Scorpion Pepper
Red and Yellow 7 Pot Chaguanas
7 Pot Brain Strain
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Yellow Reaper

So would like to see some favorites and suggestions from the fine people here at THP so I can kinda get it down to a much much smaller grow list. Will also get some pics up shortly here of my grow box which still has one more shelf I need to wire up just waiting on a few more strip lights to arrive in the mail, but will still give an idea of what it will all look like when its done.

In final: This is a new hobby for me within the hobby I already enjoy...I am going to try some new things (new for me) and even the much earlier starts then normal will be interesting to see how it all comes out at the end.  I look forward to the input from the community and keeping this glog updated as much as I can.

Here is too success in 2019!!

CHEERS!

Matty

Devv said:

I'm still playing catchup, but I wanted to post a tip I learned from Shane to control plant height in the grow station. Pizza boxes, we rarely throw one away..

Funny tyou mention that as it must of been the day after I jacked the middle shelf up with a few pizza boxes..Will try and get a pic of that up laters....Don't think you can see them in the pics after this post and I agree they work great for that particular job, glad I am not the only one.

Edit - Drop that PT like it's :hot: :hot: :hot:

Not sure if Devv was intenionally setting the PT up or not but hell of a play regardless /highfive

I swear I didn't double post, must be my crappy Internet.

OK I'm caught up!

Wow! Nice plants Matt! And U crazy :P I've been there and done that :shh:  I think I'm @ 50-60 maters and the same for peppers; but many are for the wife. She's gotten into the pepper thang, but at a milder pace, so half are for her taste. And all the maters are mostly for canning; being I'm from Italian decent. I just gotta have the red sauce made from our maters.

Wishing you continued success!

Hopefully I can get on more often and even post in my glog...LOL..I'm about 15' from completing my 3rd round of broad forking the garden...yay!

Devv said:
I swear I didn't double post, must be my crappy Internet.

OK I'm caught up!

Wow! Nice plants Matt! And U crazy :P I've been there and done that :shh:  I think I'm @ 50-60 maters and the same for peppers; but many are for the wife. She's gotten into the pepper thang, but at a milder pace, so half are for her taste. And all the maters are mostly for canning; being I'm from Italian decent. I just gotta have the red sauce made from our maters.

Wishing you continued success!

Hopefully I can get on more often and even post in my glog...LOL..I'm about 15' from completing my 3rd round of broad forking the garden...yay!

Scott I absolutely loved that you used the term "maters"...3xs at that woot woot

And I truly appreciate when you guys take the time to look over my stuff and offer tips and advice, it really helps a newb like me out and gives me much needed confidence, and that alone is extremely helpful.

As for your glog and ones like it, they  are extremely valuable and important to this community. Can't even track the time I have spent going through your guys stuff and I am sure many others do the same.

So to your sir and all the others who keep detailed logs of your stuff,  I say Thank you and keep up the great work!!

EDIT - 500TH POST :dance: :onfire: :cool: :fireball:

Alot of Eastern and Central Canada was founded on the back of the fur trade to which beaver skins were a very valuable commodity, to some extent some of the North US was doing the same thing at the time.

I guess because we stick stuff like that on our currency and educate about our heritage we are kinda stuck with the beaver thing.

Should assume it would be more to raise awareness aboot your national debt and poor Montana gets a shot to the pills to do so. Obviously one should never take something like these polls/petitions very seriously of course.

I thought Maple Syrup was your national currency [emoji7].
Here in Michigan Sault St Marie and Detroit( Fort Pontchartrain) was founded on fur trading[emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on the 500 posts [emoji106], here’s to many more [emoji106]x500.

We need a beaver drowning in maple syrup by a hockey player saying sorry  on our nickel perhaps just to meet the worlds Canadian stereotype's eh :)

500 sure came up fast..man I thought 100 was a big one for me...Just means I am pretty comfortable on here, mostly cause the people on this site make it very easy to do so.

Pepper related - I found a seller on Ebay who offered a 12-20 day shipping for free and it was $5US for 100 - 20x22's seedling bags.....So I bought 2 packs of them since I had a small credit as well to put towards them.

I will post the link when I get home cant figure out how to do it from my phone

PtMD989 said:
Hows about a hockey player ( Gordie Howe , Mr Hockey) , catching pike, with a cooler full of Molsons, fighting a polar bear on the Tooney, eh?
I think you are on to something with having hockey players on the currency [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

I should add that is mad respect for Gordie...though I am a mad Leaf fan so if we talkin his golden Era then maybe keon or conacher for me. Mind you they are all way before my time.
DWB said:

I'll come back later and drop my 500th post in your thread too.
Deeew it...Dont be afraid to post whore in my thread Dee
But if you feel like you need to have an actual comment I have some pics for laters if you sit tight for an hour or so

When I saw Matt made his 500th post yesterday, I noticed I had 498 posts. I decided to add my milestone 500th post to his epic frozen northland semi-tundra grow log thread just under his 500th post.

Anybody else coming up on 500? Donate it nto brother Matt. It's gotta be better than a page topper.  :)

Actual comment: I like Canadian Maple Leaf silver coins even though they don't display a beaver or a hockey player or even a Labatts ale.

Edit: Adding the proof.

hyggEWr.jpg

Man, your list is completely ridiculous. Awesome, but ridiculous. 
lol.gif
;)

CDNmatt said:
Finally did some sorting last night and made an inventory of what I had on the go, as well got most of the smaller stuff to the top shelf and bigger to the middle which will help me keep the watering schedule more even, which was becoming a huge problem.

Took a few pics but they are absolutely terrible, no matter what angle it was put at I just could not get anyhting without the color streaks :banghead:

S0dAPqI.jpg

Those are some great-looking leaves, in addition to apparently being in the presence of some sort of divine entity (it's the only way I can think of to account for the rays of holy light).

DWB said:
When I saw Matt made his 500th post yesterday, I noticed I had 498 posts. I decided to add my milestone 500th post to his epic frozen northland semi-tundra grow log thread just under his 500th post.

Anybody else coming up on 500? Donate it nto brother Matt. It's gotta be better than a page topper.  :)

Actual comment: I like Canadian Maple Leaf silver coins even though they don't display a beaver or a hockey player or even a Labatts ale.

Edit: Adding the proof.

hyggEWr.jpg

But if someone can achieve the combination page 500 page topper well, well that might just bring down the site!

Happy 500 DWB!

internationalfish said:
Man, your list is completely ridiculous. Awesome, but ridiculous. 
lol.gif
;)

Those are some great-looking leaves, in addition to apparently being in the presence of some sort of divine entity (it's the only way I can think of to account for the rays of holy light).

IKR the rays are so weird...I was going to ask for some divine intervention after I got that list tallied up,perhaps that was it....... :think: :think:...Then I look over the list again........ :twisted:  :hell:  :hell:  :twisted: ....wrong kind 

CaneDog said:

But if someone can achieve the combination page 500 page topper well, well that might just bring down the site!

Happy 500 DWB!

Aye 500 with the PT is the stuff of legends..however, there are many more milestones to hit

DWB said:
Indeed it would but someone would have to be mighty quick on the draw to post a 500th post page topper in this glog. High degree of difficulty :fireball:
And a big high five to your 500th Dee...onto 1k we go!!

I had some update pics I took late yesterday afternoon but decided to wait till after dinner to put them up, by the time I remembered they went up to the cloud which is not my thing, so will  have to take a few more later this morning since it is watering day for the middle shelf.

Here is the link for the seedling bags I bought yesterday, it was 4.99US for the 20x22's and if anyone needs them it is 2.29US for the 14x15's. They are from China though but for me this seller offers a free upgraded shipping to Canada. Not sure if its better to the US or not

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/100Pcs-Plant-fiber-Nursery-Pot-Seedling-raising-Bag-Environmental-Protection-SG/112442642799?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=412833210250&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Back