• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Maybe I'm crazy... (No bacon on my burger)

lettuce_get_along.jpg

spicefreak said:
I'm a ketchup and pineapple guy. Is that weird?

Traditional Aussie burger is beet root and pineapple. 

Grass Snake said:
Bacon and Jalapenos ftw
Actually a long forgotten favorite from my college town was a bacon, jalapeño, and blue cheese burger - now that's killer

D3monic said:
I don't like lettuce on burgers because then the bun slides around and you end up holding a tiny island of bun with a ocean of meat left no matter how strategic you try to eat it.

grantmichaels said:
You need to work on your leaf selection, brah ...
This might be a whole new topic, but building your burger.... Lettuce goes underneath your patty dude! And the natural curve should be going up, away from the bottom bun, to perfectly nestle your patty in there :)

austin87 said:
Actually a long forgotten favorite from my college town was a bacon, jalapeño, and blue cheese burger - now that's killer

Pickled Jalapeños on a burger is a big no no for me but pickled Jalapeños on cheese on a burger gets a resounding yes. Cheese makes all the difference, though my favourite for with most chillies is monteray jack.

I enjoy my burger with bacon, chili (no beans, although when not on a burger or a dog or noodles, the beans are fine), a hot-dog quartered, grilled sweet onion, tomato, cheese and bacon, bun is optional but I prefer sweet onion roll.

Back