• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

Devv said:
Woot!

Mega harvest.

Nice work Stefan!
Essegi said:
Sure mega harvest and as always some of the best pods ever seen!

Thanks guys! Face is burning up after seeding those Nagabrains, smoking hot for sure :) Plants are still kicking out new pods but after this week the temps will get lower and go back to normal for this time of year. I hope I can keep my plants as long as possible in the poly since it's a lot of work to process all those harvests.

Pimenta Lisa F-2
IMAG5503.jpg

IMAG5504.jpg

Elysium Oxide Bonnet F-4 Mustard phenotype. Thanks Mike these are beautiful! Looks like the pods on the third plant are going chocolate... need to wait for them to complete ripen.
IMAG5506.jpg

7 Pot Jonah Orange
IMAG5511.jpg

Thai Orange (Jwala in the background)
IMAG5520.jpg

Yaki Blue (green leaves)
IMAG5531.jpg

Madame Jeanette
IMAG5523.jpg

Jakata F-1
IMAG5533.jpg

Adjoema Yellow
IMAG5522.jpg

Petit Marseillais
IMAG5517.jpg

romy6 said:
Wowza Stefan just amazing the hauls your getting this year  :fireball:

ronniedeb said:
Fantastic Harvests again Stefan!

Devv said:
Wow Stefan!

Just fantastic! Glad to see you did so well this year!

Thanks all, I must say it surpasses my expectations and I'm far from being done soon. Hopefully the weather will keep up for another month because that's the time I expect to need to process everything. Got an short holiday now, so cleaned out 2 other varieties. The harvest of the Scotch Brain is huge.

IMAG5606_.jpg

IMAG5607_.jpg

IMAG5623_.jpg

IMAG5615_.jpg

Stefan .....just like a Marathon runner  breaking away from the pack at the end of the race....

Your harvest keeps getting greater towards the end of the season.

I just finished pulling out all Tomatoes but my Red Currants this past weekend....thought to myself during the process," I bet Stefan still has Tomatoes growing "...........you had a stellar season !

Nice shot of the Scotch Brain pods...........very thoughtful

Wow Stefan... the last few harvests have been impressive! You hope for another month of production too?!... I'd think you'd be ready for some "stand-down" time about now. ;)  Our season looks to be coming to an abrupt end this weekend as hard frost is predicted, but around here, anything after Columbus Day is "angel time"... :halo:

Devv said:
Wow Stefan!

I just keeps getting better and better!

Great work this season!
Thanks, Scott. It sure is a lot to process though ;)

ronniedeb said:
Fantastic. Those Scotch Brains look beautiful.
And they taste amazing to ;)

Roguejim said:
Wow! I don't think I've even heard of half of those pods. How do you make use of your pods? Sauces? Powders?
I've tried to mash up all the yellow ones like Greg did, the rest of the supers I dry. The Jalapeno's I smoke for powder.

bpwilly said:
Those Scotch Brains sure are a great looking pepper.  Interesting to see that they have kept the Bonnet shape so well.  Nice harvest and great colors
I wish they had but it's not quite stable in podshape yet.

PIC 1 said:
Stefan .....just like a Marathon runner  breaking away from the pack at the end of the race....

Your harvest keeps getting greater towards the end of the season.

I just finished pulling out all Tomatoes but my Red Currants this past weekend....thought to myself during the process," I bet Stefan still has Tomatoes growing "...........you had a stellar season !

Nice shot of the Scotch Brain pods...........very thoughtful
Actually I pulled the last tomatoes a couple of weeks ago. Still had some Striped Roman going and gave me an 18 pound harvest which I turned into canned salsa :) Still I can't keep you with your harvests, great job!

Here are the 3 types of podshapes I got on the Scotch Brain. All 3 plants produced pods in this range.

IMAG5632_.jpg
IMAG5628_.jpg
IMAG5629_.jpg

PeriPeri said:
Wow Stephan this is an incredible run of chillies this season for you! Amazing!
Thanks, Lourens it is but I also can't wait for it to be over and relax again :) feels like I got no time to breath :P

stickman said:
Wow Stefan... the last few harvests have been impressive! You hope for another month of production too?!... I'd think you'd be ready for some "stand-down" time about now. ;)  Our season looks to be coming to an abrupt end this weekend as hard frost is predicted, but around here, anything after Columbus Day is "angel time"... :halo:
Not necessary a month more production but I need the time to just process everything. Temps are back to normal but still no signs of frost anytime soon although you never can be sure ;) You've had an great season as well!

Some more harvest pictures.

IMAG5667_.jpg

IMAG5669_.jpg

IMAG5670_.jpg

IMAG5672_.jpg

IMAG5673_.jpg

IMAG5674_.jpg

tbc...

Back