• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Megamoo's 2012/2013 Glog

I'm in a new house with much more space, better sheltered areas for plants and hopefully less disease in the environment. Unless I win the lottery and buy myself a mansion I'm good to stay here for a long time. The landlord knows about and is cool with the fluorescent light grow setups in the garage, and is happy for me to transform the outside into a chilli jungle. All signs point to a good season ahead.

Winter has just begun, and I've got the germinating and growing on stations setup. Chilli seeds are in the post flying to my door.

This is the current seed list I have to choose from, including varieties ordered but yet to arrive.

7 Pot Brainstrain
7 Pot Yellow
Aji Amarillo
Aji Cristal
Aji Lemon
Aji Panca
Aji Pineapple
Anaheim
Antillais Caribbean
Aribibi Gusano
Baccio De Satana
Bahamian Bird Pepper
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Beni Highlands
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia x Habanero White Giant
Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta De Neyde
Big Jim
Bih Jolokia
Bishop's Crown
Black Prince
Blondie
Brazillian Pumpkin
Brazillian Starfish
Burke's Backyard Thai Chilli
Capsicum Californian Wonder
Capsicum Giant Bell
Capsicum Hungarian Yellow Wax Hot
Capsicum Sweet Banana
CGN 21469
Chihuacle Negro
Chilaca Pasilla
Chilli Cayenne Gold
Chilli Cayenne Red
Chilli Costa Rica
Chilli Habanero Red
Chilli Jalapeno
Chilli Poblano
Cochiti
Congo Brown
Corno Di Torro Rossi
Datil
Datil x Lemon
Dorset Naga
Douglah
Earbob
Early Jalapeno
Explosive Ember
Fatalii
Filipino Bell Pepper
Fresno
Giant Jalapeno
Goatsweed
Guampinha De Veado
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Peach
Habanero Red
Hot Cherry
Hot Fish
Hot Pepper
Hot Wax
Hungarian Black
Jalapeno
Jalapeno Tam
Jamaica Scotch Bonnet
Jimmy Nardello
Joe's Long
Joker's Hat
Limo Blanco
Magnum Habanero
Manzano Amarillo
Maraca
Mystery Pepper
Naga Jolokia Purple
Naga Morich
Nagabon
Numex Twilight
Orange Habanero
Orange Lantern
Peppadew
Peruvian White Habanero
Peter Pepper Orange
Peter Pepper Red
Pimenta De Neyde
Pimenta Di Bico
Piquillo
Purple Tiger
Pusa Jwala
Red Hot Cherry
Rocoto Peru Bitumi
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Serrano
Siling Labuyo
Tabasco
Takanotsume
Thai Cayenne
Thai Orange
Thai Prik Mann
Thai Yellow
Topaz Chilli
Trinidad 7Pot Jonah
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion (stingerless)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Uyababa
Vietato
Wasp
White Labuyo
Wild Tepin
Zapotec Jalapeno

Many of these are just one or two seeds leftover from old stock and I won't be planting everything. A lot of the ornamentals will be getting just one plant. I'm might still get some more 7pots and superhot varieties.

The garden beds need a little work, and retic needs to be sorted but I've got a few months to do that. I'll post pictures when I have them.

Been really busy again but not really much to post about anyway.

Thanks PeriPeri :) Just got a new chest freezer to store everything and its over half full already Parents were complaining because I was storing the excess at their place and maxed out their freezer space. Plants are still producing but they've lost a lot of leaves and most are producing small pods now. At least the grubs don't like the cold and have dwindled to almost nothing.

Neil sent me some more Goatsweed seeds along with my order, plus some Black Cobra seeds as well, which look very similar in colour but a bit fatter. Gotta love their service.

Almost got my list sorted for next season too. Got lots of building and renovation to do for next season but plans have been made, designs drawn up and materials are being gathered. Not to mention the bucket loads of sauce I can make. It's exciting!!  :party:

Sounds awesome, MM.  Post pics of the reno as it's going along.  And of course we need sauce pics! 

Gotta love a chest freezer.  Be careful, though.  Things get lost in the bottom.  Ask me how I know.  :)

It's been an awe-inspiring grow Moo, even with getting the Nitrogen dialed in and dealing with pests. I hope you're getting a little down time in before the cycle starts all over again!

DocNrock said:
Sounds awesome, MM.  Post pics of the reno as it's going along.  And of course we need sauce pics! 

Gotta love a chest freezer.  Be careful, though.  Things get lost in the bottom.  Ask me how I know.  :)

I will post pics or videos of whats going on, thanks for watching. :)

I was just telling my daughter how perfect the freezer is for storing bodies.. about the size of young children ;)   What did you lose in yours?

stickman said:
It's been an awe-inspiring grow Moo, even with getting the Nitrogen dialed in and dealing with pests. I hope you're getting a little down time in before the cycle starts all over again!

Thanks.   `Downtime`... what's that???  ;)

This is the `before` video before it gets the final harvest and then the chop. 

http://youtu.be/mwiz6KnkP9k

stickman said:

I think it was that BBC mini-series I slept through when my wife was watching it... Downtime Abbey... ;)
I believe that show has a warning about driving or operating heavy machinery after watching it.

Tore the rose garden a new one today.  I'll do a bit more tomorrow and make another vid.  Sorry about the unsteady and jerky camera, at one point its on its side!  I've really got to work on that :P

megamoo said:
Tore the rose garden a new one today.  I'll do a bit more tomorrow and make another vid.  Sorry about the unsteady and jerky camera, at one point its on its side!  I've really got to work on that :P

As in "ripped it out"?? :shocked: Are you nuts, amigo??? Aphids aren't gonna be too impressed and will have to find a new favourite host, ya know...... :P

gasificada said:

As in "ripped it out"?? :shocked: Are you nuts, amigo??? Aphids aren't gonna be too impressed and will have to find a new favourite host, ya know...... :P
Well this season they came to my chillies anyway, but then the ladybirds came en masse and took them out.  So I'm gambling that whatever happens with aphids will eventually be countered.  :pray:

Harvested, cut down and pulled up most of the big plants today.  Made me sad because they were huge and most would have survived winter and sprouted in spring.  The reality is I'm still dealing with my mistake of planting too close together.   Got a clean slate to start from and a mass of pods to process.  Will take another video when its all done.

Here's a quick `after` vid. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unzOgLKN8-4&feature=youtu.be

Most of the plants were loaded with green pods and had a lot of new growth sprouting.  I harvested all the green pods that were a good size and they'll be given the banana treatment in the hope they'll turn.

Separated them left to right into Halfies, starting to ripen; Greens, obviously all green; and Ripe, fully done and ready to go.  There weren't so many ripe ones because I harvested a week ago.

megamoo said:
Limo Blanco. It's half the size of others that started the same. All because of shadecloth coverage.
podlygoodness010_zps7cd5f794.jpg
Seeing as there's been no mention of the Limo Blanco for half a year I am curious as to what became of it. Was it one of the earlier casualties of the season?

harry said:
Seeing as there's been no mention of the Limo Blanco for half a year I am curious as to what became of it. Was it one of the earlier casualties of the season?

It survived the season to the end but didn't do anything.  That picture shows it at its absolute best.  Never produced any pods, not sure why, it was overgrown and crowded out by others and got lost in the jungle but it should have done more.  I think the seed stock was bad because another Limo Blanco I forgot about in another part of the garden did even worse, only got a foot high.  Could be coincidence and they both just had a bad environment.

WalkGood said:
Awesome harvest moo, great vids ... have a great weekend mon!
Thanks dude. 

This weekend I've been banging away in the garage making the new and improved.... 

Hydro Grow Station 3000  :dance:  

It's looking so freakin awesome!!!  Can't wait to get it going!

megamoo said:
This weekend I've been banging away in the garage making the new and improved.... 

Hydro Grow Station 3000  :dance:  

It's looking so freakin awesome!!!  Can't wait to get it going!

Geez Moo.... don't keep us in suspense, break out the camera Buzz! ;)

Sad to see it all winding down for the season, but your new Hydro Grow Station 3000 sounds awesome!

That's a huge haul of pods!  Still waiting for the photo of the frozen pods for the year!!!

I would try to get the hydrogrow 7000 deluxe.... Comes with a lazy boy and 6 dozen Guinness to sit and watch the pods grow ;) ... Nah sounds good bro ... Will be on the look out for the posts when it is ready ... Carry on!!

Back