• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa's 2013 Bigger and Better grow!!

Hey everyone!!

It's been awhile since I have been able to catch up with all my THP friends! Work, family and my continuous grow leaves me no free time.BUT I don't let the lack of free time get in the way of doing what I love, growing! My outdoor season is still going, production is down because they hate the cold but still picking so I am good with that! Plants look sad but even with low 30's nights they are still flowering/setting and ripening pods. I see them on the weekend right now, my step children plants because when I get home from work it's dark! lol

I have been busy behind the scenes getting a super early head start on the 2013 season!! Fired up my indoor tent in September with my 4 bulb T5 and some monster CFL's, November added my new Quantum Bad Boy 8 bulb T5! I remembered right from the start why I love growing indoors, nice, bushy, green beautiful plants! I love my T5's!

I figured I might as well start off a fresh grow log for the 2013 year! I slacked the last few months keeping up with my old log so in with the new! :D I had a very successful year, family, friends and coworkers were introduced to a whole new world of hot peppers! I hope for this next season to be bigger and better than the last! I am going to do my best to fit in some time to keep my grow updated!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you all a Happy new year and successful 2013 growing season!!

XOXO

Melissa :dance:

NOW FOR SOME PICS :)

Brown Rocoto
IMG_5357_zpsc6456814.jpg

White 7
IMG_5358_zps36f83f3e.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
IMG_5359_zps4ad5bc8e-1_zps146e4f99.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5362_zpsfbe13002-1_zpsddb341c5.jpg

The 1ga starts in my tent
IMG_5364_zpsb688b2b8.jpg

Yellow Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5367_zpse72ea1a5.jpg

Yellow Brain
IMG_5370_zpsa421411a.jpg

Sepia Serpent
IMG_5371_zpsc64fd9ec.jpg

Peach Scorpanero #2 (Aji Joe)
IMG_5373_zpsdee2710f.jpg

Hubert (Pubescen)
IMG_5372_zps5514a580.jpg

Geez, Melissa. I can't go away for a day without
coming back to get blown away again! Good stuff.

Thanks Pauly G! I'm sure all kinds of action is going on in your glog, I plan to make some time this weekend to catch up on everyone else's grow! :D

I saw your secret, your feeding those babies a Dos Equis a day to get that growth, right?
Plants are looking great Melissa.

Thanks RM! The babies seem to prefer something a little darker than dos equis so I am forced to drink them myself every time!! :rofl: :shh:

I can not get over the stem on that Chocolate Scorp... it's not normal - it's bionic! You put that plant in the soil you will get China calling you to complain that your plant is sucking up all their ground water :)

I have to admit the stem is freakishly large huh?! lol :P

Your plants are amazing.

After reading that you are using Roots Organic I decided to try it out and all I can say is WOW. What a difference compared to the crap I used before. Thanks for the info, I need to read through this more thoroughly and see what else I can pick up. You have quite the green thumb.

Thank you SJ! (I just can't bring myself to call you "stupid" or "jerk" lol)

Glad you gave roots a try and like it as much as I do! It really is superior stuff and well worth every penny! Good luck this year! :)

Aahhaaaaa Peri you are hilarious. Yes Rocket. I think your on to something and I don't know why it didn't occur to me before cuz beer is the answer for everything

It sure is Pia, beer is the cure all! ;)

Starting off well!

Thank you!

Melissa what can I say but awe-inspiring! Was away for a few days and still trying to catch up, so let me sum what I’ve seen/read since last visit at your place since 10 January
  • “MY BABY GIRL VIOLET” Beautiful daughter you have and while I don’t know for sure, she must get that from mom
  • Man those leaves on the bottom of your Bahamian Goat are huge … seriously no sexual pun intended, did you end up cutting them off? (I may have missed reading that :/ )
  • From the other pod pictures I’ve seen around here of the Reaper, I’m not sure what I like better your Reaper or that Dos Equis XX
  • Again, beautiful pics, plants and absolutely love dat lemon grass! Keep on jammin

Thanks a bunch friend! :)

*Miss Violet thanks you for the compliment, she most definitely is mamma's mini me!
*The leaves on the bamahian goat are huge but a little on the fugly side from being outside! I don't know why I always like to prune the ugly off, but for now they are spared from being snipped! lol
*It really is a toss up on the Dos Equis and Reaper, I personally am torned between the two! :P
*Thanks again and that lemon grass is good stuff huh? I just made some ground pork with lemon grass and jasmine rice tonight for dinner, yummmm!

UPDATE!! JUST A FEW PICS FROM MY TIME IN THE GARAGE TONIGHT TENDING TO THE BABIES, ALMOST FRIDAY! :D

SUPER SCORP
IMG_5497_zps209c92b2.jpg

ANTILLES FIRE
IMG_5496_zpse456e1c6.jpg

PIMENTA DE NEYDE
IMG_5495_zpse4a0df07.jpg

YELLOW BRAIN IS HUGEEEE!
IMG_5494_zps4eceb6cd.jpg

INSIDE THE YELLOW BRAIN
IMG_5493_zpsa6e60520.jpg

SEPIA SERPENT STEM
IMG_5492_zps9d2699de.jpg

FLOWER OPEN ON THE SEPIA SERPENT
IMG_5489_zpsf82cd436.jpg

BILLY BOY DOUGHLAH HAS TONS OF OPEN FLOWERS NOW
IMG_5488_zps732892d4.jpg

WHOLE PLANT SHOT OF THE BILLY BOY DOUGHLAH, THIS THING IS CRAZY BIG FOR A 3GA!
IMG_5487_zps539d3602.jpg

BOTH OF MY CAROLINA REAPERS
IMG_5486_zps8ddbc921.jpg

… beer is the cure all! ;) …
Sweeeet!!!

… *The leaves on the bamahian goat are huge but a little on the fugly side from being outside! I don't know why I always like to prune the ugly off, but for now they are spared from being snipped! Lol
I’ve trimmed the ones on my plants that touch the soil and/or if I feel they are not going to hinder the plant or if I feel they are not doing their job properly but thought I’d ask as I learn so much here :)

… *It really is a toss up on the Dos Equis and Reaper, I personally am torned between the two! :P …
First the comment about “beer is the cure” and now this, girl you know the way to a mans heart, lol ;)

… *Thanks again and that lemon grass is good stuff huh? I just made some ground pork with lemon grass and jasmine rice tonight for dinner, yummmm!
I just woke up to read this, thanks now I’m starving … so where da food pics :/

UPDATE!! JUST A FEW PICS FROM MY TIME IN THE GARAGE TONIGHT …
Wonderful pictures! Keep up dat great grow :)

so which one is my reaper.. hahha

Haha very funny! One is Nick's remember? I am just the step mom for now until he is ready to take some plants off my hands! :rofl:

I so love it when you post pics of your babies. It gives me inspiration of whats to come.

Big things are headed your way Pia! Looking forward to watching your first season growing from seed unfold! I have no doubts that you will be rolling in pods :D BTW, did your seeds arrive yet?

Sweeeet!!!

I’ve trimmed the ones on my plants that touch the soil and/or if I feel they are not going to hinder the plant or if I feel they are not doing their job properly but thought I’d ask as I learn so much here

First the comment about “beer is the cure” and now this, girl you know the way to a mans heart, lol

I just woke up to read this, thanks now I’m starving … so where da food pics :/

Wonderful pictures! Keep up dat great grow

What can I say Ramon, I grew up with three older brothers and they taught me well! LOL! ;) I just can't imagine working on the plants without a cold beer, must have in my opinion! I always forget to bust out the camera when I make a meal, I am usually too busy eating it! :rofl:

Wow! Those plants are going nuts. When spring comes, you are going to be rolling in pods! Nice.

Thanks Doc, going nuts is a good word for it! They are growing crazy fast right now, spring time is so far away too! Some of them are getting homes in really large (65ga plus) smart pots, hopefully I can hold them back long for plant out time!

in the words of my 3 yr old "OH MY HOLY MOLY MACKERAL"

it takes me 8 mo to get stems like that serpent has.

That 3yr old of yours sure sounds like a cool kid! :cool: Thanks Ben! :D

IT'S FRIDAY PEEPS NOW I JUST GOTTA MAKE IT TO 2:30 AND THEN I AM HOME FREEEEE! JUST A COUPLE MORE PICS FOR YOU GUYS/GALS ;)

BILLY BOY YELLOW DOUGHLAH
IMG_5490_zpsd166f499.jpg

THE STEM ON THE BILLY BOY YELLOW!
IMG_5491_zps8af6fdce.jpg

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLEEEE!
IMG_5482_zps69ae63ca.jpg

BABIES BABIES EVERYWHERE!! 4 OUT OF 5 RENNIES GERMED, YEAAAAA!
IMG_5484_zps43314dda.jpg

Melissa, you say you just use kelp for fert, right? How often do you give it to them? The stuff I've put in good soil(happy frog and roots organic) I haven't fed yet, and I'm kind of afraid to mess with a good thing.

With the stuff in the poor soil kelp is what brought them back to life when I first used it.

its that darn work thats consuming her.......guess this is what happens when you have a full plate ... im sure all is welll..... mel..come down for superbowl sunday....

perhaps shes busy harvesting already

Key: GNR "Welcome to the Jungle"

Nice, very nice! Those plants are getting crazy big in that mix your using. I'll have to go back and see if I missed it but are you using ferts now? I picked up some Fish and some CalMag last night, now I just need to read up on them so I dont over/under it. Is it time for a cold one yet :cool:

Back