• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa's 2013 Bigger and Better grow!!

Hey everyone!!

It's been awhile since I have been able to catch up with all my THP friends! Work, family and my continuous grow leaves me no free time.BUT I don't let the lack of free time get in the way of doing what I love, growing! My outdoor season is still going, production is down because they hate the cold but still picking so I am good with that! Plants look sad but even with low 30's nights they are still flowering/setting and ripening pods. I see them on the weekend right now, my step children plants because when I get home from work it's dark! lol

I have been busy behind the scenes getting a super early head start on the 2013 season!! Fired up my indoor tent in September with my 4 bulb T5 and some monster CFL's, November added my new Quantum Bad Boy 8 bulb T5! I remembered right from the start why I love growing indoors, nice, bushy, green beautiful plants! I love my T5's!

I figured I might as well start off a fresh grow log for the 2013 year! I slacked the last few months keeping up with my old log so in with the new! :D I had a very successful year, family, friends and coworkers were introduced to a whole new world of hot peppers! I hope for this next season to be bigger and better than the last! I am going to do my best to fit in some time to keep my grow updated!

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you all a Happy new year and successful 2013 growing season!!

XOXO

Melissa :dance:

NOW FOR SOME PICS :)

Brown Rocoto
IMG_5357_zpsc6456814.jpg

White 7
IMG_5358_zps36f83f3e.jpg

Chocolate Scorpion
IMG_5359_zps4ad5bc8e-1_zps146e4f99.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5362_zpsfbe13002-1_zpsddb341c5.jpg

The 1ga starts in my tent
IMG_5364_zpsb688b2b8.jpg

Yellow Billy Boy Doughlah
IMG_5367_zpse72ea1a5.jpg

Yellow Brain
IMG_5370_zpsa421411a.jpg

Sepia Serpent
IMG_5371_zpsc64fd9ec.jpg

Peach Scorpanero #2 (Aji Joe)
IMG_5373_zpsdee2710f.jpg

Hubert (Pubescen)
IMG_5372_zps5514a580.jpg

Sepia Serpent is awesome. Got some pods from Silver_Surfer and am growing them, as well. Just noticed we are almost neighbors.

Yea I got pods from SS too, but not the sepia serpent. Denniz got those from SS and was nice enough to share with me! Looking forward to growing it out this year. We are almost neighbors, I think we need to task our friend Denniz with setting up a SoCal members meet! :)

yaawwwwwwpp.... ya.'ll are close wish i could see her pepper haven... meL ill be home all weekend.... if the plant offer still stands
yaawwwwwwpp.... ya.'ll are close wish i could see her pepper haven... meL ill be home all weekend.... if the plant offer still stands

You are more than welcome to come see my pepper haven come spring time once everything in ground looks pertty again! :P I may be able to bring that el oro to you tomorrow, will text you to confirm!

UPDATE TIME!!

What a difference a week makes, plants are busting out of the indoor tent! Time to do some more potting up and rearranging. Some of my larger plants will be going outside to the greenhouse today. I took some pics so you all can see the progress, enjoy!

Happy growing and have a great weekend everyone!!

Billy Boy Yellow Doughlah
IMG_5428_zps5c0c51e9.jpg

Chocolate Bhut ready to go in a 3ga grow bag
IMG_5426_zps090c5b6e.jpg

Yellow Brain needs a bigger home too!
IMG_5425_zpse6f3ce81.jpg

1ga Sepia Serpent ready for transplant
IMG_5421_zpseec00e57.jpg

1ga Reaper
IMG_5418_zps68342727.jpg

Orange Manzano
IMG_5416_zpsd54ff96b.jpg

Purple Bhut flowering in the tent
IMG_5413_zps90764c91.jpg

Billy Boy Doughlah flowering too!
IMG_5412_zpsefae2c4b.jpg

Brown Rocoto flowers
IMG_5408_zps785d2a7f.jpg

Locoto
IMG_5407_zps285a9fb6.jpg

Melissa,

Nice pic of the purple bhut in your post above. Have you always had good luck growing em ? You live in a warmer climate than me.

Any experiences with curled leaves, no flowers, weird looking pods ? I and a few others have admitted to me these buggers are hard to grow for some reason.

Just wanted to check with you. Nice looking lot you have there BTW.

Rhody...

Let me know if you have an extra primo as I used all my seeds and only 1 is a 1/2" weakling

I'm sure i will have an extra one for you:)

Melissa,

Nice pic of the purple bhut in your post above. Have you always had good luck growing em ? You live in a warmer climate than me.

Any experiences with curled leaves, no flowers, weird looking pods ? I and a few others have admitted to me these buggers are hard to grow for some reason.

Just wanted to check with you. Nice looking lot you have there BTW.

Rhody...

Hi Rhody

Thanks for stopping in my grow! I have actually had great success with the purple bhut, a really big producer for me early last season. The pods were pretty hot and had a great flavor in my opinion, just not super heat level. I transferred it late in the season to a 65ga smart pot, heat and bugs took it out after. I love the way it looks and enjoyed eating them so I had to grow it again this season! I have included some pics of my purple bhut from last year :)

Really happy in the 65ga but right after this it got attacked by mites
IMG_4911.jpg

Purple Bhut pods
IMG_4585.jpg

Your plants are looking awesome!! Reminds me of seeing PIC1's and Jungle Rains early season plants just oozing health and goodness. Way to GROW!! Do you grow any other types of plants/produce or just the Chilli's?

Melissa,

Thanks for the pics and those awesome pods, nice to know it was probably pests, herbicides, etc... that did my purples in last year. Funny though, the purples were the only variety that took it really hard. I am probably making more of it than actually was, because normally I have good luck growing most kinds of peppers.

Rhody... :cool:

Hey Mel, question time. How big is the tent? Do you have plants on the floor because of height restriction? Trying to picture the setup in my mind. From other pics it looks like maybe two tents? I know last year you were making some teas,how are you feeding those guys? Everything looks fantastic,ready for the outside world. I ended up getting the brown rocoto from smoke,can't wait to get them in dirt. Most of the glogs at this time of the year have aspirations,it's nice to see some green!!!! Excellent job!

dang those plants look awesome. are you pumping co2 into the tent at night or what? :P

haha thanks Ben! I do have a fresh air intake in my tent plus a fan blowing so that probably helps! :)

Those plants look incredibly healthy. Off to a rockin' start for 2013!

Thank you!

Your plants are looking awesome!! Reminds me of seeing PIC1's and Jungle Rains early season plants just oozing health and goodness. Way to GROW!! Do you grow any other types of plants/produce or just the Chilli's?

Thanks Trippa!! Comparing my plants to those two top notch growers is an honor! ;) I do grow other produce but not until spring time. Actually I take that back, I have some onion, garlic & sugar snap peas outside loving the cold. Come february/march I will start my tomato, cucumbers, squash, basil, eggplant and maybe some watermelon.

lookin good

Thank you!

Good luck with the Brown Rocoto. The rest of the C. Pubescens plants appear nice and green.

Has the Brown Rocoto managed to set fruit. I've read about the attempts of other members around these parts to get the Brown Rocoto to fruit.

Thanks Harry! The brown rocoto just started flowering, a few "look" like they may set, it's indoors and I have a fan going but no guarantees I will get pods to set in there.

Melissa,

Thanks for the pics and those awesome pods, nice to know it was probably pests, herbicides, etc... that did my purples in last year. Funny though, the purples were the only variety that took it really hard. I am probably making more of it than actually was, because normally I have good luck growing most kinds of peppers.

Rhody... :cool:

No problem Rhody, glad I can be of help! I had plenty of varieties fail on me last year, for one reason or another. If at first you don't succeed try again! ;) If you want to give my purple bhut seeds a shot this season send me a PM and I will get them out to you.

Such nice lush colors and grow ... I love it!!!

Thank you!

Hey Mel, question time. How big is the tent? Do you have plants on the floor because of height restriction? Trying to picture the setup in my mind. From other pics it looks like maybe two tents? I know last year you were making some teas,how are you feeding those guys? Everything looks fantastic,ready for the outside world. I ended up getting the brown rocoto from smoke,can't wait to get them in dirt. Most of the glogs at this time of the year have aspirations,it's nice to see some green!!!! Excellent job!

Hey P-son! :) My tent is a 6x6 and I only have one, plants are on the floor because I have not come up with a good shelving system for inside. I wish I had a second tent, space wouldn't be such an issue if I did. It seriously amazes me how quickly they grow inside under T5's. Last year I was big on teas, but I wasn't working back then so time was not an issue. I will get back in to the tea brewing once everything is outside and it warms up. For now I have been giving them kelp & humic when watering, roots organics soil is pretty loaded with nutes anway. Vital landscaping has a great kelp & humic concentrate, only 1 tsp per 5 gallons of water and the plants love it. I didn't find the two seeds I had left so I am glad you were able to get those from Smoke, mine came from him as well! If I get pods to set early on I will still send you one to try out :) Best of luck with the 2013 season!

Looking great Mel, congrats.

Thank you Patrick!

Back