• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day Spread... What's on your table this weekend?

What's up THP Happy Memorial Day to everyone and Thank you to ALL of the Men and Women of our Armed Forces past and present for your service!
  DallasLowLife and the Urban Garden Family like most are grilling out this Holiday weekend with friends and family. To kick off summer we decided to go with a Mexican-ish theme. Chicken, fish and shrimp tacos from the grill along with home made salsas (pico, tomato based and mango) and all the bells and whistles. And although not everyone is into heat you can bet that there will be more than the North Texas sun making people sweat this Memorial Day!! :dance:  

So What's Cooking with all of you this weekend? Share your Recipes or Pictures of the Hot stuff coming out of your kitchen or off your grill! 

Cheers,

DLL

Got hungry watching all of the meat smoke and had plenty of room left on the WSM, so I decided to make some Hoinks.
All beef hot dogs wrapped in bacon and smoked about an hour over the cherry and apple wood.
I topped mine with cheese sauce, carmelized onion and a few pickled penos.

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

No pics cause I ate it too fast. Cochinita pibil. I am going to try smoking a shoulder wrapped in banana leaves and do my take of this amazing dish.

Your Grandma must be related to mine - looks exactly like hers, but she made it with ground beef and bacon. Good stuff either way!

W I N N E R !

Holy bejeebus I wish I was at your house this weekend! What with all of those glorious platters! Hell yes, the guac, salsas, shrimps, taco makins, and the dipper thingys! I would have swiped that platter of poppers and ran outside to the back yard.

Chris if I ate like that everyday I would weigh in at 400 lbs lol. Do you happen to be a chef or have you been to culinary school ?

SavinaRed said:
Chris if I ate like that everyday I would weigh in at 400 lbs lol. Do you happen to be a chef or have you been to culinary school ?
I just love to cook but on a side note one of my best friends is a chef and he and I very well may be doing a food truck by Spring of next year. I have zero culinary school experience and have never worked as a chef. I did work in restaurants for about 10 years but never int he kitchen. 

On a side...side note, just bought a 10 pound full brisket, guess what is happening this weekend :) 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I just love to cook but on a side note one of my best friends is a chef and he and I very well may be doing a food truck by Spring of next year. I have zero culinary school experience and have never worked as a chef. I did work in restaurants for about 10 years but never int he kitchen. 

On a side...side note, just bought a 10 pound full brisket, guess what is happening this weekend :)
You make some killer dishes and the presentations are excellent !!!

That is my next goal. I think I'm a pretty good cook but never really worried much about the presentation. So now I will work on doing that when I make a nice meal. You have inspired me lol.

Wow that was some great eats you guys made!  To expound on a comment made:  I read some things on FB this past weekend about how Memorial Day has become a BBQ holiday rather than a remember the fallen holiday.  Personally, I think BBQ is the national food of the USA, the one the troops who are fighting abroad can't wait to have when they get home.  So... nothing better to honor them than a great bbq with family and friends.  God bless all those who have served, and thank you.

Back