• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

If your plants react like mine have they will love the natural sunlight. Here in Kentucky the weather has been nice enough that I have been putting mine out during the day and they are really loving it.

Happy easter Bro! Your plants look perfect. Don't be suprised if they get a little pissed off from mother nature. Once they get acclimated they will grow like gang busters.

Holla at me when you can . I want to send you a few brain strains to clense your body :dance:

You aout to take off now... theyre lookin great...

Thanks Conrad. I don't have the year round growing that you and Jamie have, but hopefully I can make it another few years in this hell hole and then pull some orders to Fl out my ass! Thanks for lookin!

If your plants react like mine have they will love the natural sunlight. Here in Kentucky the weather has been nice enough that I have been putting mine out during the day and they are really loving it.

It is so crazy, I swear that at the end of the day today when I put them back in the tent they were so much greener. Like the forest green Crayola Crayon green. Totally awesome.

Happy easter Bro! Your plants look perfect. Don't be suprised if they get a little pissed off from mother nature. Once they get acclimated they will grow like gang busters.

Holla at me when you can . I want to send you a few brain strains to clense your body :dance:

Thanks Jamie! I would love to get a bit of heat to start the season! I am watchin the plants outside like a hawk, and when I am not, Emmy is standing guard to tell me (with a few woofs) that they are gettin a bit TOO much sun. They had about 2 or 3 hours of direct morning sun today, followed by about 8 hours of shade. It was so cool getting to see them every time I go outside. It is so much better than having to go into the tent (when I tell Jess that I am "taking the trash out".... :lol:) I will PM you in the AM. I hope you had a great easter!

No worries Aaron, givin yall a chance :lol:

So today I woke up to a great surprise, MY DAD DOUBLE DUG MY GARDEN! LOL! I overslept by a few hours, and I guess old people don't sleep very late, so he pretty much did everything except smoothin the tops out! It should have been an ass kicker, but thanks to him, I only had about 4 or 5 hours of work. I still have to get my order of compost and run my driplines. I got the driplines in the mail today and plan to try to get it setup tomorrow or this weekend if I don't have time. But here are some pics and a How To video (I am gonna start a double digging thread to give everyone a chance to see the vid, but it was fun nonetheless.

Before:
7688ca83.jpg

Marking out the Beds
88a6b24c.jpg

Remove the top layer of grass
6f0e96d4.jpg

Dig and Transfer
98e6c002.jpg

Put your dad to work while the Emmy supervises
3ff2028f.jpg

The Finished Product
f0292a03.jpg

http://youtu.be/TA9ZJVie7Rs

Nice work! I grew up turning my gardens with a shovel and fork by hand...too old and lazy now. When you install your drip line make sure you run it a little before you install the drip heads. I had a bunch clog up on me at first.

You've got more energy than me. The Kentucky clay soil in my area keeps me from even entertaining doing what you have done here. Kudo's sir.

Way to go Matt's Dad! Loved the video, "Family's good for two things..." I enjoy watching your videos so much because there is always a good chance of hearing something extremely quotable. Anyway, looking great! Also, I'm guessing you either live by the base or hunting season starts very early around you, or you moved to Bosnia or something.

I hope that beer in the first section of the video was either empty or you didn't drink it after it was cooking in the sun haha.. unless you like hot beer lol, who knows, but nice job, can't wait to see it all set

Nice work! I grew up turning my gardens with a shovel and fork by hand...too old and lazy now. When you install your drip line make sure you run it a little before you install the drip heads. I had a bunch clog up on me at first.

Thanks for the tip. I am using T-Tape and got it in on Monday. I have been too busy to get it installed, and I am still waiting for my compost to come in.

Great video update Matt very informative and helpful for future use what type of drip irrigation stsyem will you go with.

Thanks! I am using Dripworks T-Tape, and I still have some emitter line left over from last season that I am going to probably hook into the mainline so I can use it in my containers.

You've got more energy than me. The Kentucky clay soil in my area keeps me from even entertaining doing what you have done here. Kudo's sir.

LOL! It is crazy, I won't put this much effort into installing a ceiling fan for the wife, but if I decide that I am digging a damn garden, it is done.

Way to go Matt's Dad! Loved the video, "Family's good for two things..." I enjoy watching your videos so much because there is always a good chance of hearing something extremely quotable. Anyway, looking great! Also, I'm guessing you either live by the base or hunting season starts very early around you, or you moved to Bosnia or something.

Thanks Andy! LOL. He was just looking for something to do. Every time he comes to visit, there is always a project he wants to tackle. This time it just ended up being my digging :lol:

I hope that beer in the first section of the video was either empty or you didn't drink it after it was cooking in the sun haha.. unless you like hot beer lol, who knows, but nice job, can't wait to see it all set

Nope. That was definitely finished before filming occurred. So, probably like 8 mins from fridge. No Alchohol abuse here :cheers:

Looking good homey!!!

Thanks Dan!

Looks great. Though I think I will use a roto tiller when I go to do mine.

Thanks! About 2 hours in I was thinkin about switching things up and going with it, but you just cant get as deep with one, and in all reality, I have heard that they can still be a PITA. Also, I always do more than needed....Always.

So I am excited about this mini-update/review. I got my order from CCN in last night and did a video review. I know a lot of people missed the boat on starting seeds, and this is a great way to kinda play catch-up. I posted the full review and video in the vendor area, but here is the vid for yall!
I ended up ordering:

Douglah
Yellow 7
Ancho 101
Bhut Yellow
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Datil Sweet
Goat's Weed
Hab Black
Hab Francisca
Pimento de Cheiro
Scotch Bonnet Yellow

Here is a photo of them all.
60c5e17d.jpg

Just for comparison, the two on the far right (Doulgah in the Big pot, and the Giant Red Bhut in a slightly smaller pot are mine from seed).

Amazing! I wondered how they shipped them...Looks simple enough to duplicate. Are you going to pot them up for a bit before putting them in the ground?

Amazing! I wondered how they shipped them...Looks simple enough to duplicate. Are you going to pot them up for a bit before putting them in the ground?

Yea, it was much simpler than I thought it would be. You know I was just thinking about potting a lot of my plants up, but I didn't wanna do it so close to planting them in the ground. I wanna give them a little more time to continue to establish their rootball, and if I potted them up, I risk a mess when I put them in the ground.

Great video. I've been tempted to buy from CCN and based on your video I still might have to.

At first I thought it was a smart choice for those looking to grow and may either be intimidated at first to grow from seeds or coming late in the season, but now that I see the shape they are in, it is a great option for anyone looking to augment their list with something they may not have.

yeah the roto tillers can be a pain, and they don't get deep unless you kind of go backwards with it, so you just kind of pull it back a little which moves a little bit of dirt back, then you go forward again and then rock backwards to get the 2nd layer tilled up.. it is a lot of work, but I couldn't think of trying to double dig 1,800 sq ft of garden, and doing it a few times over for when I get all the rocks out and once I get the manure in soon, but looks great! your plants that you had potted up seem to really have blown up!

and you reminded me with the video that I need another garden fork spade or whatever, I broke mine a few months ago trying to get a rock up lol

Nope. That was definitely finished before filming occurred. So, probably like 8 mins from fridge. No Alchohol abuse here :cheers:
good to here lol

Back