• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Sauce looks great!

Thanks, I am really enjoying this sauce thing! I wish I would have started earlier, I would have had A LOT more bottles!

Nice looking sauce! "No Trucks," I like the name. What's in it?

Thanks Andy! I was expecting more inquiry to my naming convention, but I guess people just think I am crazy, and expect it... :) No Trucks is 7 Pot Jonahs Originals, roasted, with roasted garlic and tomatoes, plus the other expected additions. It came out wonderfully red and black speckled, and has that fruity Jonah taste, with a real monster of a kick.

file-12.jpg

file-15.jpg

Congrats on the sauce Matt. I may start getting my feet wet next weekend. I know you probably mentioned this before, when are you shipping out?

I am telling you John, you really need to get started! When you are pulling all these pods off your plants, it gets tough wondering what you are going to do with them. Then you realize there is a whole world of sauce possibilities. Take a gander at the sauce forums, and you will find yourself having to tear away from them just to update your GLog...

Sweet looking sauces there. Never tried my hand at those, more of a glaze man.

You need to give it a try, it is a ton of fun and you control all the flavors!

Ill Bite... Whats with the name??? No Trucks?? I really am curious tho :rofl:

Yeah, I'll second this. The name just struck me funny, kind of off the wall, unexpected for a hot sauce, but yeah I'd love to hear what's behind it.
And I like the sound of it by the way, roasting the peppers and the garlic. I may actually do this for my jonahs. It won't be as good as yours, I'm sure. Maybe I'll call it "Some Trucks" or "Just a Few Trucks."

lol. My naming convention is really just whatever I was feeling at the exact moment I decided to name the sauce...

I was like, I need a name for that Jonah sauce, and I was driving. Just as I was thinking about what to call it, there was a sign that said "No Trucks". Named. Super Cheetah was my wife's creation. She said something along the lines of, Im faster than a cheetah. Im a super cheetah. Named. I wanted her to draw a stick cheetah with a cape and flames coming out of his butt, but ran out of room on the labels. :(

Now to try and fit this in my carry on...
file-23.jpg

Yup...TSA will love those! I would get the addy where you're going and mail them out the day you leave. That's how I always get my "essentials" there. You're going in the fall, but it looks like you're gonna keep it :hot: for a bit longer than usual!!! Love the naming conventions!

That no trucks sauce looks simply amazing. The consistency looks to be perfect.

Are the seals on top of the bottle part of a bottling kit?

LOL.....The mental picture of how the naming went down for "no trucks"....I'm sure it involved some hmm's,and some excitement!! LOL

Good stuff man! Keep us updated,and hurry back brutha!!!!

Back