• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

THANKS! Here is the rest of em. I appreciate the help.

Naga X 7 Pot Red
da12b8f7.jpg

Douglah X BJ Red
2e908dd5.jpg

Red Scorpanero #2
4ed02770.jpg

Fatali loadin up!
ad7e1ef5.jpg

Biker Billy's, the wife wasn't joking! All the plants are loaded down.
2e10cd9d.jpg

Red Cheiro and the Pimenta are both full of pods.
a2ee01eb.jpg

BJ Red
11b795b6.jpg

BJ Choc
6b7a0c35.jpg

Red Brain, TURNING RED!
3c451264.jpg

Parting Shot. The night our operations finished, our Captain wanted to go for a little run.....well that little run was actually 7.9 miles. Here is the snap of us at the turn around point, 4 miles in after a .75mile climb up a mountain. Total run time was just under 2 hrs because I had two guys who refused to put out. I spent the whole time running from the back to the front of the group to tell the Captain to slow down or where to stop so the guys in the back could catch up....Needless to say, there will be some "remedial" runs in their future!
17970453.jpg

Wow...think they do better when we're away! Everything is lookin good, and home just in time for a nice batch of poppers!

wow, you've got some ugly, wrinkly, mean looking peppers! I still stand by my prediction that by the end of the season it will be tough for you to get between those rows. We'll see. Just leave your wife in charge more often and it will come true :lol: . Also, I'm looking forward to your taste tests of all those superhots you have growing. Glad you made it back safe!

Great update Matt,
Those plants are just loading up aren't they. Your wife did a fine job taking care of the garden for you. The Red Brain is ripening up pretty quick. The Fatalii's have "mixed" appearence. Is that how yours grewout last season?
Good luck with the rest of those bad-arse peppers ripening!

Greg

Matt,
Welcome back ! Your pics are really great, particularly the 'Parting Shot'.
Yep. those canyons look as deep and as steep. This ol' man wishes he could run them again.
Thanks again for your help getting me started with superhots.
Continued success with your grow.
Semper Fi

Looking great.

Thanks Brian. I have a Fatalii X and a Yellow TS that are doing great also. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Wow...think they do better when we're away! Everything is lookin good, and home just in time for a nice batch of poppers!

You know I am definitely thinking that. Me not messing with them probably has done more for them than screwing around with every little thing. I am gonna be out of town for a few days this week, and all week next, so hopefully they continue the trend.

wow, you've got some ugly, wrinkly, mean looking peppers! I still stand by my prediction that by the end of the season it will be tough for you to get between those rows. We'll see. Just leave your wife in charge more often and it will come true :lol: . Also, I'm looking forward to your taste tests of all those superhots you have growing. Glad you made it back safe!

Thanks Andy! Such nice complements: ugly, wrinkly, mean! :lol: I am really excited to see how far these babies go. I will be leaving earlier than I thought, so I doubt I will see them at their largest. I still have a couple months around here, so hopefully I can continue this trend all the way through when I leave. And maybe talk the wife into doin a bit of harvesting cuz these babies should produce all the way into November!

Great update Matt,
Those plants are just loading up aren't they. Your wife did a fine job taking care of the garden for you. The Red Brain is ripening up pretty quick. The Fatalii's have "mixed" appearence. Is that how yours grewout last season?
Good luck with the rest of those bad-arse peppers ripening!

Greg

Thanks for stoppin in Greg. This is the first season I have grown the Fataliis, and I got em from Judy. I have a few plants that look a bit squirrelly, and am curious to how they turn out. May just be a first set of pods thing, or cold be a cross...Either way, should be fun.

Matt,
Welcome back ! Your pics are really great, particularly the 'Parting Shot'.
Yep. those canyons look as deep and as steep. This ol' man wishes he could run them again.
Thanks again for your help getting me started with superhots.
Continued success with your grow.
Semper Fi

Thanks! I appreciate you stopping in. That canyon was plenty of fun. Getting down it was crazy, because you started to run down it and you just kept on picking up speed and I was freaking out that I was gonna get tripped up on all the rocks and just tumble down a half mile! Thankfully, nobody got maimed, but it sure was fun! No problem with the little boost, I am happy to spread the heat.

Matt, the garden is looking great. It looks like you're going to be into some serious heat :onfire: real soon. Tell your wife to keep up the good job.
Hey and THANKS for what you do to keep our country FREE.

Geez! Guy doesn't come around for a bit and suddenly people have jungles in their gardens. Looking freaking fantastic Matt! I'd say the wife has a bit of a green thumb, think she would share some of her secrets with the rest of us?

You crazy kids and your "fun runs". It would take me at least a week to do 8 miles of going downhill on a paved road, can't image your course. Thank you for your service my friend.

Everything looks great, Matt. Thumbs up for the wife at home taking care of those plants. Really like the Red Cheiro and the Pimenta, love those cute little pods :)

Plants/pods are looking badazz Matt. Glad you are home and extra glad you have tons of poddage. And congrats on your first Brain ripening. That is a wonderful site :dance:

Matt, the garden is looking great. It looks like you're going to be into some serious heat :onfire: real soon. Tell your wife to keep up the good job.
Hey and THANKS for what you do to keep our country FREE.

Thanks! I can't wait to see everything turn. It won't be long now!

Geez! Guy doesn't come around for a bit and suddenly people have jungles in their gardens. Looking freaking fantastic Matt! I'd say the wife has a bit of a green thumb, think she would share some of her secrets with the rest of us?

You crazy kids and your "fun runs". It would take me at least a week to do 8 miles of going downhill on a paved road, can't image your course. Thank you for your service my friend.

LOL! I know right, I told here that the growth was all her doing and she is still scared of spiders....That is step 2...

Heeesss Baccckkkk... Looking amazing man. I bet you missed checking for pods every few days. Cause I know I do. Welcome back... Can't wait for a YouTube update.

Thanks! It was tough not making a stop every day in the back to check out the growth, but it wouldn't have been such a show stopper seeing the gradual growth. Being gone and coming back was like WOW! Also, there is a update at the bottom of this reply :)

Everything looks great, Matt. Thumbs up for the wife at home taking care of those plants. Really like the Red Cheiro and the Pimenta, love those cute little pods :)

Thanks! Those plants are pretty cool, they are loaded down with pods. It is gonna be a pain in the ass picking all of them, but that is what I get!

Plants/pods are looking badazz Matt. Glad you are home and extra glad you have tons of poddage. And congrats on your first Brain ripening. That is a wonderful site :dance:

It definitely is Jamie! I am hoping it is good by the weekend. It is turning super quick, and it wont be long now. Those Choco Habs are outa control, there has gotta be like 20 or 30 pods on the plants. Gonna be a great summer!

Well for all of you that have been waiting for the video version of my words...(cuz you hate to read and all)...here ya go

http://youtu.be/APXpi2CE49I

Matt,

Great video tour.... Looks like pods o plenty..
. Your grow log is exceptional... thank you for taking the time to document/ shoot/ edit and educate everyone. It is an enormous feat.

Regards, Chris

NIce video brother! Funny you mention unstable when you talk about the infinity! I have about 4 different pod types on the same plant and they're ripening yellow...I haven't tasted one yet??? Your pods are freaking HUGE! I can't imagine munching on one of those Carbon's they look like freaking carrots!

Wow. It's almost like a documentary rather than a YouTube. Video. I love the PiP photos of the pods. As with the in ground vs potted. You're right. My bhuts inground have prodded while the ones in pots still trying to flower up. Don't know if it's because inground is in 6-8hrs of sun and the potted are in sunshade. Will move some to full sun to see. Anyways. Keep up the podumentary

Denniz

Hey Matt, glad to see the chocolate bhut is working out for you...if it ends up anything like the parents you will have more choc bhut pods that you know what to do with. Welcome home, happy 4th and good luck with the rest of your season.

Back