• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Red Brain

Matt, I can't wait to see how your plants are doing even with your poor weather. Might give me some inspiration to do some teas.

That is the incredibly rare, Blue Moruga Scorpion, hottest pepper on the planet, seeds from Serling Kaiser, if I remember correctly. Bam! Should I PM you with my addy?

Wild guess purple bhut?

Nope, Sorry!

Looking good man!

Thanks Jamison! I appreciate you stoppin by!

Nope, I wish! That and the 7 Yellows were the only ones I didn't get to germ :(...

Your plants are looking great!!! Well done and congrats on first pods!!! I too have first pods on my glog! Your plants should grow to be monsters!!! Good for you! Hows that Mykos workin??? Nvrm I dont think you are using the Mykos lol

I used the water soluble Mycos in my compost tea, so it wasn't used in the traditional sense. I did do a pretty significant root drench, so they should get a good boost from that. We shall see!

Red Brain

Matt, I can't wait to see how your plants are doing even with your poor weather. Might give me some inspiration to do some teas.

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! Looks like you are the lucky one this season! If you get the stuff to build the brewer, there will be a tea mix in the mail for you on Monday. Let me know ASAP and I will get it out to you.

Is that a Kimber is see?

Sure is! It was my deployment memento, turned Zombie killer. I have about 500 rounds through it and it and I really like it. It is personalized, engraved, and one of 63. I love that gun.

That is the incredibly rare, Blue Moruga Scorpion, hottest pepper on the planet, seeds from Serling Kaiser, if I remember correctly. Bam! Should I PM you with my addy?

That...is....incorrect.. (in my Chris Farley Billy Madison voice). BUT, I want some if you have em! :)

I still have about 8 plants to pot up to their final homes. I'm guessing Biker Billy. Because my Bikers have some purple and I just saw some pod set today when I was securing them to bamboo after the storm.

Yes sir. Way to close to home. I've noticed that Jason Hockey masks are selling like hot cakes here in Florida.

Just remember ,cause obviously the Miami PD didn't know this, shoot for the head first. Or you know two to the chest one to the head.

facemask.jpg

My new around town gear!!!

I still have about 8 plants to pot up to their final homes. I'm guessing Biker Billy. Because my Bikers have some purple and I just saw some pod set today when I was securing them to bamboo after the storm.

Shoot me your addy and I will send over some myco and soil blast from SG. I don't need 16 pkgs so ill shoot a few over to you. Should help when you pot up to build up your soil or at least the containers they are in. Also, they are water soluble and will work great in some tea or as a root drench.

I'll get the stuff tomorrow. I'll post the pic when I've got it.

No need to post the pic. I sent you a PM.

Yes sir. Way to close to home. I've noticed that Jason Hockey masks are selling like hot cakes here in Florida.

Just remember ,cause obviously the Miami PD didn't know this, shoot for the head first. Or you know two to the chest one to the head.

facemask.jpg

My new around town gear!!!

I bought 12. Consider myself prepared.

Hey, Matt, lookin' good, bro! You are going to force me to use worm tea!
Hope your plants grow so fast they create a sonic boom! From the sound
of things in your neck of the woods, you will be safer in country as long as
you keep your A$$ down! Deployment sucks. In my day, it was only one
tour and the war didn't last a generation, but 13 months was more
than enough to last a lifetime. Good luck when the time comes, bro, you
know you will be in our thoughts; in the meantime, EAT HOT CHILES!

The thing I didn't understand about the miami incident (just a few hours away from me) is the cop shot the "zombie" once... Then stopped to see what would happen, and then emptied his clip after it didn't phase the guy.

Aren't cops trained to empty their clip? I mean if you are going to use deadly force, use enough of it to make sure the deadly part happens... Pictures of the victims face are gruesome - eyeballs dangling from a sea of red meat.... But I digress.

Great looking plants, and I think you've inspired me to get some water soluable mycos and make some tea.

Thanks for serving our country, as far as I'm concerned anyone willing to make that sacrifice is a hero.

Hey, Matt, lookin' good, bro! You are going to force me to use worm tea!
Hope your plants grow so fast they create a sonic boom! From the sound
of things in your neck of the woods, you will be safer in country as long as
you keep your A$$ down! Deployment sucks. In my day, it was only one
tour and the war didn't last a generation, but 13 months was more
than enough to last a lifetime. Good luck when the time comes, bro, you
know you will be in our thoughts; in the meantime, EAT HOT CHILES!

Yea, I have learned a few things over the past 5 deployments. One, it is my time to get in shape! I don't know what it is, but as soon as I get back to the states, I start eating everything in site and forget that I must still work out. 2, I get to catch up on all the movies that the wife won't watch. 3, I save enough money to buy more chili stuff when I get back! :) Thanks for stoppin in, hopefully everything starts to pod up like the Brains are!

Matt! Where is your burger in the TD?!? Also, I take it my guess was wrong for the pepper? I'll pm shortly.

Yea, it was the Red Brain. It has had that little purple tinge in it since it started to branch out. I was planning on entering the TD, but the wife has a bunch of stuff to do so I am on baby duty. Also, we had burgers at a friends house last night, so not really in the mood... I was planning on doing a Juicy Lucy (cheese on the inside), but someone beat me to it (First entry), then by the time I figured out what I wanted to make we had burgers. I was gonna do "Fast Food Sliders". A Big Mac, Whopper, and Baconator slider. Would have been cool, maybe next time.

The thing I didn't understand about the miami incident (just a few hours away from me) is the cop shot the "zombie" once... Then stopped to see what would happen, and then emptied his clip after it didn't phase the guy.

Aren't cops trained to empty their clip? I mean if you are going to use deadly force, use enough of it to make sure the deadly part happens... Pictures of the victims face are gruesome - eyeballs dangling from a sea of red meat.... But I digress.

Great looking plants, and I think you've inspired me to get some water soluable mycos and make some tea.

Thanks for serving our country, as far as I'm concerned anyone willing to make that sacrifice is a hero.

I don't know what they cops protocol is, but if some dude was eating another dude, I would empty every magazine I had on me....

I think that the mycos would be beneficial in any garden that is using non-synthetic ferts. Supremegrowers.com is always doin some crazy deal, I would check them out. It can't hurt, worth givin it a try.

Alrighty folks, time for a bit of an update. I gotta thank Andy for calling my bluff on the 25% size increase. I just wanna say that 98% of all statistics are made up, so with that being said, I found a great site that I can make collages (finally!). Here are the snaps.

Inifinty.jpg

YellowBrainStrain.jpg

BhutJolokiaChocolate.jpg

7PotPrimo.jpg

BJRED.jpg

ButchT.jpg

This is a great representation of the plants loving the Compost Tea. This ButchT is just soo much happier since I fed it. All the leaves are looking great and are pointing up to the sky.

RedCheiro.jpg

My Red Cheiro is podding up. I can tell you right now that it is gonna be a PITA to pick all those pods! Interestingly, the in ground plant and container plant are growing differently. The container plant is growing more vertical (although it is still bushy), and the in ground plant is the only one that is putting out pods.

RedHab.jpg

Lastly, looks like a pod to me!

I am super surprised that I didn't loose everything after getting slammed from the tropical storm this week. I have a bit of leaf curl and gnarly growth on some, however, I am just gonna let them go a bit more before I water them. What is super exciting is that I thought that for sure the container mixes would get water logged. Nope, a little moist, but nothing NEAR as bad as last season. It looks like I got a winner mix for the future!

A week from Monday I am heading out to California for a training Op for just under 3 weeks. I am nervous to leave the plants for that long, but I am going to setup my auto drip and I am thinking either 10 minutes every 3 or 10 minutes every 4 days. I am gonna teach the wife how to spot severe need for water, so hopefully that and the dripline/driptape will keep me good for the few weeks I am away. I am really hoping to come home to a ton of pods, I am figuring that if everything starts to set in the next few weeks, then by the time I get back I can get a mini harvest.

Anyways, enough rambling. Thanks for stoppin in.

Matt

Great pics Matt. Damn you mean I goitta start doing the worm tea thing ;)

You are heading for a pod explosion bro!

Nice update, matt! your collages are first rate - nice way to give a few views of a plant all at once!

Holy smokes man! Your plants are looking great man. The tea seems to be doing wonders for ya. Good luck on your Op man and be safe, and thanks for doin what you do! Can't wait till ya get back and see a ginormous update!

Love the side-by-side comparisons! Your plants are really taking off now!

Is your auto drip for the in ground stuff, or does it include the containers too? My in ground stuff can go 2 or 3 days between waterings, but my containers have to be watered daily once the the temperatures reach the 80's or above. Of course, that's probably due to our single digit humidity levels, and constant winds here. Your mileage may vary :P

Great pics Matt. Damn you mean I goitta start doing the worm tea thing ;)

You are heading for a pod explosion bro!

Thanks Jamie! I think the tea is a great way to give the plants and soil something that you aren't gonna get from normal fertilizers. It is also amazing how I haven't fed them (aside from the tea) since I put them in the ground over 4 weeks ago. Seasons past, I would be feeding every other week or so. I am really enjoying the whole, let em do what they wish method! :)

Nice update, matt! your collages are first rate - nice way to give a few views of a plant all at once!

Thanks Paul. I use THIS site. It is pretty easy, and they come out great.

Holy smokes man! Your plants are looking great man. The tea seems to be doing wonders for ya. Good luck on your Op man and be safe, and thanks for doin what you do! Can't wait till ya get back and see a ginormous update!

I am really happy I stumbled on PepperGuru's GLog, without him I wouldn't have even gotten into making tea and stuff. Gonna miss my family and plants for a few weeks, but oh well, that is how it goes...

What part of CA are you heading?

Somewhere around Pendleton. Gonna be a few weeks of playing in the sand. A lot of time to run and lift, so maybe I can loose a few pounds of sympathy weight I put on during the pregnancy. You know it is bad when the wife fits in her pre-pregnancy clothes and the husband doesn't...

Love the side-by-side comparisons! Your plants are really taking off now!

Is your auto drip for the in ground stuff, or does it include the containers too? My in ground stuff can go 2 or 3 days between waterings, but my containers have to be watered daily once the the temperatures reach the 80's or above. Of course, that's probably due to our single digit humidity levels, and constant winds here. Your mileage may vary :P

Thanks Bonnie. They both will be hooked up to the same system. They make on/off valves (see silversurfer's GLog), and you could probably pick a few up. My containers (so far) go a few days before they need to be watered, but since the crazy rain we have been having I really haven't watered ANYTHING more than 2 times or so. I figure if they get a good soaking and can take 4 or 5 days to dry out, maybe it is worth a shot to give them a good watering all together at that interval. My in ground plants could probably go the entire month without water, but they can also TAKE the water pretty well. In most cases I would want to under rather than over water, but I will be on that edge of the spectrum with all the containers, and the in ground plants will just deal with it.

Wow, love the before/after pics. Looks awesome!

Thanks PJ! I thought it would be cool to see how they have taken off since plant out. I appreciate you stoppin in!

Back