• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mich 2009 and 2010

Hi everybody!

I would like to resume my 2 past growing seasons (2009 and 2010), but it is a lot of work, so you'll find all the images in a couple of days... or more.

In january-february i will start to report as good as possible my next season, but now i hope you'll enjoy "the past"! ;)

01_LinguaDiFuoco.jpg

03_Zaino.jpg

02_Madagascar.jpg

06_Vietato.jpg

08_Chupetino.jpg

09_NagaMorichSpecialketa.jpg

10_HabaneroGambia.jpg

12_GuadalupeBlack.jpg

15_FataliiRosso.jpg

16_BhutAssam.jpg

Awesome pictures!! :onfire::woohoo:

The table centrepiece is impressive
I was thinking of grinding up specific chiles for powder. To get the rich colour do you just use the flesh or do you leave the seeds in too?

In January 2010 AISPES is born.

It is "our" association to speak around us about peppers (and other solanaceaes). We work seriously with "variety-saving" (our President Lonewolf and our AISPES-Ambassador megamastger71 are crazy about Wilds and their work is fantastic!). We try to produce new crosses, new varieties, etc. In 2010 our 1st target was to work on Pimenta Elisa AISPES, a nice cross! In 2011 we'll work on the F3, we already made our choice for the best F2.

But we have other works too! I proposed 2 crosses (accepted) and next year we'll work on F2:

Strange Jolokia AISPES:

post-299-1284648366.jpg

post-299-1284648359.jpg

It is a cross between Bih Jolokia and... anonymous! I just found the (fantastic) plant, waiting for a Bih... I think the father was a Fatalii or a Thai Red. The flavour let me think about Fatalii. But it is not a Super Hot variety. The plant is very very productive and i found interesting to isolate it and bring on 2011.

CM AISPES

post-638-1267950036.jpg

post-299-1268748748.jpg

post-638-1269161526.jpg

post-638-1273993527.jpg

post-299-1280050677.jpg

post-299-1280061375.jpg

post-299-1284737110.jpg

It is a cross between Chupetiño (chinense, mother) and Madagascar (annuum, father). The plant and the fruit shape are not what i expected, but i'm courious to see what will happen in 2011 with the F2. I know F2 and F3 cane give a lot of surprise! My target is to obtain a "Chupetiño-shape" for the plant, with the dark colors of Madagascar. Chupe's got a nice flavour: let's taste the new CM AISPES, i hope to preserve (or get better) this flavour!

Awesome pictures!! :onfire::woohoo:

The table centrepiece is impressive
I was thinking of grinding up specific chiles for powder. To get the rich colour do you just use the flesh or do you leave the seeds in too?

Thank you!

I love to do new centrepieces every week! :)

For the powder i don't extract seeds. The secret is to dry the pods under 45°C (never never more than 45°C). In this way you obtain a fantastic flavour, fantastic color and preserve the hot of the pepper, the same for the proprieties (Vitamines dies over 50°C). The best way to dry is to use Stöckli (click here, it is the first link i found). I have 2 with total of 14 grids.

Then, of course, you need THIS to obtain thin thin powder ;)

Your plants are looking really good. Nice pretty pictures!

Are your powders available for sale?

Thank you!

Yes, i sell chilli products but i'm really really little & small and i can only serve only few persons. Anyway, i think that send products around the world can be too expensive for the clients. For example, a max. 2kg box from Switzerland to Italy cost around 30 euros shipping (for what? 10 euros products? Naaa! :lol: ). Yes, i know, i can send a "letter", but it results expensive too.

Come here to visit me! It's the better way to have fun :) :)

I just bought a Fowlers Vacola Dehydrator today. It has a heat dial on it so I'll definitely dry them under 45 like you said. I'm sure I've a coffee grinder back in the cupboard somewhere. Have to go digging

Now all I need is for my plants to produce. :dance:

Thank you!

Yes, i sell chilli products but i'm really really little & small and i can only serve only few persons. Anyway, i think that send products around the world can be too expensive for the clients. For example, a max. 2kg box from Switzerland to Italy cost around 30 euros shipping (for what? 10 euros products? Naaa! :lol: ). Yes, i know, i can send a "letter", but it results expensive too.

Come here to visit me! It's the better way to have fun :) :)

I might just take you up on that :D

So, waiting for new images (i have a lot of other things to do :) ), please, come with me walking around and through my peppers!

16 March 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kjvo-ykNe8

Back