• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mich 2009 and 2010

Very nice,beautiful images Mich.

Thank you Vladan!
I do what i can do in my possibilities... i really love peppers :)

So, let's go with the first 10 images about my 2010 growing season (i choose the best, not all because it can really be too much!).

02-16-10_Ulupica.jpg

02-16-10_Pimenta_Elisa.jpg

Here the bonchis on february (but they dead in june...)!

02-18-10_Bonchi1.jpg

02-18-10_Bonchi2.jpg

And here the bonchis in april:

03-10-10_Bonchi-Mada.jpg

03-10-10_Bonchi-Umbrella.jpg

02-22-10_dettagli2.jpg

03-10-10_BJChoco.jpg

03-10-10_Elisa2.jpg

03-10-10_Fatalii.jpg

I will continue later to post images.... stay tuned! ;)

Wow, amazing pictures. Great work Mich.

Thank you! :)

Little break, images for you:

04-15-10_BJ_Choco_Semillas1.jpg

04-15-10_Douglah.jpg

04-29-10_Vialetto_nord-sud.jpg

04-29-10_Vialetto_sud-nord.jpg

04-29-10_Cabai.jpg

04-29-10_GoatsWeed.jpg

04-29-10_Traviata.jpg

05-01-10_Congo_Black.jpg

05-01-10_Haba_Choco.jpg

The following one is the Maldivian Pepper (not the same of my presentation post), straight from Maldives (2006, if i remember well).
The variety was imported in Europe (Italy) from a friend but there were the risk to lose it. So in 2010 i collect some friends to preserve and save the variety.
We had success but it's not enough: in 2011 i will repeat the "seed savers project" and i hope at the end of the season we will have seed enough for.... all the world! :)

The Maldivian Pepper is one of my favorite variety, particulary for the plants shape (and fruits shape too). The fruit is not so strong, but it's very very nice! Sure you'll find other images with my Maldivian Pepper, just give me time to post ;)

05-01-10_Maldive.jpg

hello the swiss Chily mad! could not believe my eyes when I saw this name, this I know eheheh (miticooooo!)
a :hot: greeting

Last post for today, tomorrow i'll continue!

Here's again the Maldivian Pepper:

05-06-2010-12.JPG

And now a lot of meteo deseases, that creates panic to me for my 2010 season. In fact, i only made 55 kg harvest (more than 85kg in 2009).
For the next year i want to be ready to protect my plants in a correct way, but when it's rainy for 15 days and then the strong strong cold wind comes for other 7 days... it's quite impossible to do something good. Anyway, the first step is the hail protection (very strange because i never saw hail before 2009 here!).

05-06-2010-13.JPG

05-06-2010-17.JPG

05-06-2010-18.JPG

05-06-2010-20.JPG

05-06-2010-21.JPG

05-06-2010-22.JPG

05-06-2010-23.JPG

05-06-2010-24.JPG

Fortunately, some plants were protected:

05-06-2010-28.JPG

For my productions i really have to say thanks to some friends of AISPES, who gave me some kg of peppers to repair the meteo deseases. Our association is really helpfully!

I would like to talk about AISPES. The acronym means Associazione Internazionale Studio Peperoncino E Solanaceae (International Association for the Study of Peppers And other Solanaceaes).

We had (and we have!) the need to talk around us about chilipeppers, because it's a "magic" fruit, helpfully in some health problems and more things (i know you know ;) ).

The better way to enter in contact with other associations or people that seriously works on peppers is not to be a single person. An association can do it easyer, representing seriousness. So AISPES born on january 2010. Now we made our first Congress, in Rome (Italy), on september 2010. Important persons were present and talk about peppers. We made the knowledge of, for example, Prof. Saccardo, Prof. Manna and other important people who's working at CRA (Center for Agricultural Research, Rome).

In this moment we are preparing the project for 2011, particulary dedicated to the preservation of particular varieties, the creation of new varieties and the Wild-saving project.

With my big passion i decided to give a hand translating in french all the happenings. In short-medium time i will translate all the website of AISPES to give the possibility to a lot of people to understand our Mission and, of course, participate with us. I speak french because my father is from Lausanne (french side of the Switzerland) and i know that these language is present all around the world (i think, for ex., Africa). Some people are working to do the same in english too.

It will be fantastic if a day in the future AISPES could be really really international and not only "living" in Italy (and Switzerland, of course eheheh!). Imagine a lot of people who's meet all together to talk about peppers! Fantastic! The first time, in september, we were about hundred. Not bad for the first year of living!

Of course, it is not an association to get money, (i don't know how to say in english) but we are "with no lucre intents", so i feel better to talk to you about AISPES.

OK, thank you very much for your attention, tomorrow i will post other images and other "facts"!

Ciaociao, mich!

Ok, one more post eheheh!

I leave you for today with my Naga Morich Blues, written two years ago and playing and singing really bad (it's a lot a lot a lot of time that i never play guitar and never sing!).

See you tomorrow :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a0AvjKD1cE

Back