• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mill's 2012 glog

Going to cut back this year. Only 17 varieties started today, about 150 actual seeds. Probably only 5 more after this. Had a lot going on at the end of last season and did not pull any plant to overwinter, which means I lost my 3rd year Tree hab... O well. Time to start over.

The list:

Chocolate Bhut
Giant Bhut
C. Galapagoense
C. Annuum var. Glabriusculum
Black Congo
Goats Weed
Birgit Locoto
Anaheim
Jalapeno
Chocolate Hab large long
Fatalii
Ugandan
Tree Hab mother
Tree Hab 1st gen
Tree hab 2nd gen
Tree hab 3rd gen
PI 159236
PI 653675
C. Rhomboideum
Hot Thai ornamental

Everything is being germinated in cups in my little cabinet then moved up to the big one when they put on a good set of true leaves. Pictures to come when they start a-sprouting.

Oh Patrick, did you not follow last years grow? The rhomb gives nothing other than a beautiful plant. I say the most beautiful pepper plant ever. The fruit is nothing to write home about, no heat, but the plant is just cool to look at. I'll send you some seeds this year. PM you address.

+1 The Absolute!! Most beautimous plant ever!! :dance:
Kevin

Small update for today. Getting a lot of potting up done and working on selling some plants locally.

Got some wild tepin seeds from Capsidadburn at the beginning of March, put them in to germinate on March 2nd and they are all up.

IMAG0224.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

Bhuts

IMAG0226.jpg

Birgit Locoto

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

Rhomboideum

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Annuum var. Glabriusculum

IMAG0236.jpg

I am right with ya man!
Potting up is very time consuming!
I keep tellin myself,,"only once a year!" :beer:

Hope you do well with the plant sales Noah!! I couldnt bear to part with any of mine! :D

And that Rhomb is outgrowin his shoes! :) Whatcha feedin that thing?!

Kevin

Hey, Mill! Your little seedlings in the cups look way cool;
they have really grown up!
Hope you keep their progress updated for us, can't wait
to see what they look like when full grown.

Thanks Paul, I will keep it going. Potted up a bunch more today and progress is slow but steady. In past years I have had tons of issues but it seems like this year is working great, just very very slow. Two years ago I had plants that were already flowering by now... Will get some pictures up tomorrow or monday.

Odd how variable growing seasons are year to year.

Update time!!

Bhut

SDC11937.jpg

SDC11938.jpg

Chacoense

SDC11947.jpg

Baccatum var. Praetermissum

SDC11946.jpg

Rhomboideum and 2 Chocolate Habs

SDC11940.jpg

Rhomb branching

SDC11943.jpg

SDC11944.jpg

This is a pepper my brother brought seeds home from Uganda. Said there were huge fields with just this plant and the sun dried the pods.

SDC11942.jpg

Birgit Locoto

SDC11939.jpg

Very nice Noah!
That Rhomb is looking wonderful with all the branching !
And those Birgits are really getting tall!!
It shouldnt be long now till you get them babies in the dirt!

:cool:
Kevin

Not long at all, but will probably wait a little long than I have to based on last years mess. I am thinking of rigging up some sort of shade structure and sticking them out now cause I have no more room in there.

Very nice plants, indeed! The color is just awesome.
Good luck getting your shade shelter built!
Is the rhomboideum a rocoto/manzano type? The
leaves look a lot like the leaves on my or. rocoto.

Dang it Millman I hate to hear that! Get the mosquito dunks and have at 'em! Let your pots dry out after you hit with the dunk. Best of luck bro.

Back