• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

mmcdermott1 Grow List Log 2011

Well here is my grow list and status. I had a smaller home built greenhouse but I am quickly running out of room so I built a 8' long x 2' deep x 4' high one last night. Used reflective 4x8 sheet in back and bottom/sides/top are some r13 insulation that is suppose to have 98% reflectivity. We shall see. As of now, I have 445 seeds planted and/or purchased and 147 germinated seeds. Other than the 2010 Jalapeno, all seeds with a "0" germination have not been planted yet and/or were just planted in the past few day. My favorite new supplier is Trade Winds Fruit. Their seeds are germinating at an unbelievable rate. My current list is....

PepperList.png

Still have 18 other smaller ones in basement greenhouse and will probably bring those out tomorrow. They have been being ignored lately :)

Incredibly healthy looking plants Mike and McHottie, can't wait to see the monsters when you finally get a break from the rain to put them out to pasture. Plants look like they came from a nursery in the Bahamas rather than Ohio, well done you two. I can only dream of farmland to plant my peppers like you have right there in your backyard. It's going to be a fun growlog to follow this season to see the huge plants mature later this fall. Good luck on your plant out coming soon. :)

On the far side of the very first pic ... you can see some of the maters. I know it's a pepper log, but heh!, i like maters too! We have 110 planted in the new garden and i have another 120 sitting in pots yet. :dance:

Very nice sea of green you got growing there well done! :dance:

Incredibly healthy looking plants Mike and McHottie, can't wait to see the monsters when you finally get a break from the rain to put them out to pasture. Plants look like they came from a nursery in the Bahamas rather than Ohio, well done you two. I can only dream of farmland to plant my peppers like you have right there in your backyard. It's going to be a fun growlog to follow this season to see the huge plants mature later this fall. Good luck on your plant out coming soon. :)

+ 1

It looks like a pepper forest! Those babies are the size of small trees!!!

Great job you guys!!!

Thank you very much guys. Sure has been fun thus far but very VERY hard work as you know. Really looking forward to getting these in the ground soon. Been pinching buds to avoid crossing. Have 1 type I let go and have good peppers already. All the others have nice buds now but no flowers really so should be good about the time I can put in the ground and isolate with Agribon cages. Forecast is slowly getting better :)

Looking really good Mike, what kind of soil are you using? Cannot wait to see you harvests this year.

A little bit of everything. Tried a lot of combinations this year. MG Moisture Control, Promix, a local nurseries own dirt, and some peat based stuff made in Ohio I get at another nursery. I have also added perlite, tomato tone, Kelp, bonemeal and hydronton to all mixtures (not all in the same mixes).

I have also used Progro, Karma, and Calmag

Can't really say one mix or nuit out performed the other really.

Share the source...please

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/c-461-agribon-row-covers.aspx

I will be using "15". It allows 85% of sunlight through. If aphids are a problem, it WILL let them through so go to the next thicker one I believe is "19". It is small enough to keep aphids out but also drops to like 70 or 75% sunlight.

i am jealous of the number of healthy plants you have AND also the number of empty pots you still have!

I am running out of pots and there's still dozens of seedlings to be repotted

i am jealous of the number of healthy plants you have AND also the number of empty pots you still have!

I am running out of pots and there's still dozens of seedlings to be repotted

I would try local nurseries. I was surprised when I called ones around me. I simply asked if they had any 3 gallon nursery pots they would like to sell. Both of them said yes and both sold them for 25 cents each. Between the two I got 130 3-gallon pots for a quarter each! You should give it a try, ya never know

Back