• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

It's good to see pictures of other peoples moa's. I've never grown them before and would have assumed that the crumpled leaves was due to the nutrient strength simply being too high.

Neil

Holy crap! I have eight of these seeds planted and after nine days I have 50% germinated! These things are little beasts. I've never had a chinense germinate this quickly Go MoA Bonnets

JJJessee said:
You're right. It is almost as crinkly as Longstanding Bloomsdale Spinach.

MoA SB has a very distinctive veg structure/signature.

Good call on the Spinach.......if so, I'd toss those with some sprouts, hard boiled eggs, mushrooms, shallots, walnuts and a hot bacon dressing.... :lol: 

The plants actually look like they're doing some type of Nute-tron dance...............har...........I have a few that look similar.

SciurusDoomus said:
Holy crap! I have eight of these seeds planted and after nine days I have 50% germinated! These things are little beasts. I've never had a chinense germinate this quickly Go MoA Bonnets
My MoA germ rates were 90%. Whoot, Whoot.

Once again I'd like to thank both Steve and KD for helping out 
and providing seeds! 

I planted my seeds some time ago and the germination rate
was great! 100% germination and they all sprouted way ahead 
of other varieties. 

Just had my first taste of a smaller yellow pod today and it was fantastic!  :onfire:

Cheers,
miksi 

I would have to agree,  DKing started a lot of conversation about these, and then Steve send out all those various seed packages, and look how many folks now have them growing.  I did not plant my seends last year, but did give a lot away, but this year I have 8 plants growing as well as Some Scotch Bonnets from Pepperlover.   The plants sure are healty but very low growing so far.  Just about the largest leaves at of all the varipous Peppers I have growing so far this year.

Here is a picture of a couple of them
[/URL]">http://

I agree, they remind me of my Congos last year.  They got about 2-3 feet wide, but only about 12 inches tall.  Like low growing umbrellas!   Did produce real well, so I got my fingers crossed for these.  Time will tell.

I finally get to contribute a pic to this thread! This was taken some time ago. The algae/mold is now gone, but the purple still remains on the smaller plants. They are all in coco coir and being fed a modified version of GREATFULH3AD's Flora Series nutrients.

Neil

Back