• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

3mYB1wTl.jpg

I got mulch on my MOAs, and the rest of the row(1-fatalli, 7-JA habs) yesterday.
By the end of day it was in the high 80s and they, and everything else (including me) for that matter, were droopy. 
I gave them some seabird guano tea. The soil had a meager cover crop on it and a thin layer of compost when I tilled it.
Otherwise, it's pretty much pure clay.

kgetpeppers said:
I have some plants from KD seeds that are going to go into dirt this weekend. Will be a long wait to taste the delicious fruit but worth it. Gotta love the crappy spring we have had here in illinois. :(
Hellinois is an awful place to live...better warm up soon or I'm gonna scream >:(
I have a few MOA's waiting for warm weather...I feel their pain.

Back