• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
sent to seeds to Yaotzin on MONDAY.. this MONDAY..in the UK ... and he got it today!!.. WOW.. records time....faster the local...if anyone needs seeds that already doesnt have any. please let me know

I would love some at some point at the end of this season for next years growout if you still have some available then.  I should be able to find something you are interested in to send your way in return.

Awesome thread! Can't believe I stumbled across it just now. I think it is wicked cool that you were able to get a hold of that seed Steve.

I have a friend who's Jamaican. I can only imagine how good his jerk would be with fresh SBs.

If I could I would like to get a few seeds through a SASBE or something so I can give his family a few plants. They would absolutely love it.

I received some seeds by suprise from Denniz today! I want to thank denniz for his graciousness and of course Steve for all his hard work on sourcing and unselfishly distributing these gems.

I am very excited to start these, I will get them planted this weekend and add to the glog when I have some relevant pics.

anyone outside the US get their seeds yet... .. i want to make sure yall got it.. if not PM me.. any others local tthat would like some please PM me

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
anyone outside the US get their seeds yet... .. i want to make sure yall got it.. if not PM me.. any others local tthat would like some please PM me

Yes, I did KiNGDeNNiZ. Thank you and Steve for providing the seeds. Really looking forward to growing this variety next year.

Yeah DeNNiZ I just got the seeds earlier today!
Big thanks to both you and Steve for providing the seeds and all the help you've provided along the way! Can't wait to start next season!

Cheers,
miksi

I'm glad all y'all are getting your seeds. At least now I know 6 stamps will do a trick with a birthday card

Well when the season started I had 3 seedlings. I gave one to Melissa. My two right now are struggling with both broad and spider mites.

Here's Melissa in 3gal grow bag.
null_zpsb1143499.jpg

I present to you the first MoA scotch bonnet in souther Cali
null_zps04133029.jpg

Here are my plants. The lighter colored still seems to have some mites.
null_zpsa8c23d38.jpg

null_zps10b7202c.jpg

Work in progress. If these don't work out I have 3 months to get these guys to pod 7/7 germ
null_zpsdf86f443.jpg

I love my aerogarden
null_zpse08e56b9.jpg

Like Roguejim and KiNGDeNNiZ,  Steve954 also send me extra seeds to pass around.  I have a bunch going out to the folks meeting up at the NW Chilefest 2013 here in Washington, but I have a few more to share, so drop me a PM and we can get these sent out.

Bill

Back