• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking More smoked ribs

I didnt want to hijack the other thread with my pics so I started a new one..Made them last night did a about a light rub and about a 4 hour smoke they turned out perfect heres the pics
102_2443.jpg

102_2444.jpg

102_2446.jpg

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!!!I forgot to mention I smoked using mesquite

Nice CP! That is the cleanest looking smoker I have ever seen in use! The ribbage looks great although lacking some bark. How'd they eat?

I could have done more but I have 2 very fussy(well one teen lol)women here so I do what I can to make us all happy so im not in trouble lmao.As for eating man man you couldnt get any more tender...

Looks great. How are you liking the smoker? any mods yet?
I see a JR 5.5, so I guess quitting didn't work so well?
All the best to ya eh

Looks good -- 4 hrs doesnt look like it melted a lot of calogen ? you should try to use a 2-2-1 or 3-2-1 method and remove the membrane --

but as long as everyone liked'em ignore what I wrote :lol: bump on the cleanliness of the smoker

Im off this week so im going to seal up the barrels and re-paint the fire pot again it gets so hot when smoking it takes the paint right off the barrel maby find a better paint like a fire place paint instead of the bbq paint but thats my only complaint so far..As for the other well I was raised to not be a quitter lol..

Yeah remove that membrane it does not cook well it just crisps up into something inedible and plasticy. I don't turn my ribs over like that. Top side up and just let 'em smoke. Good rub for some bark, and some mopping. Anyhow, some good tips in this thread. Looking forward to your next batch.

Back