• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Must have peppers of 2019

Pretty happy with the plants I've got growing, but I'm also really hoping to get my hands on some Yaki Blue seeds.

Even without that, though, I'm currently growing 13 varieties. I've eaten... exactly one of them before. So it's not like I've screwed myself out of new experiences (provided these bastards decide to set pods at some point). 
lol.gif

internationalfish said:
Pretty happy with the plants I've got growing, but I'm also really hoping to get my hands on some Yaki Blue seeds.

Even without that, though, I'm currently growing 13 varieties. I've eaten... exactly one of them before. So it's not like I've screwed myself out of new experiences (provided these bastards decide to set pods at some point). 
lol.gif
The Yaki blues are cool, GIP so graciously sent me his last 3 original seeds but nothing has popped. If something does germinate and set pods, Ill have ya covered. The Major pain x Yaki however did germinate so when that sets pods Im wondering how those will be . Maybe I can shoot one to ya if interested

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
The Yaki blues are cool, GIP so graciously sent me his last 3 original seeds but nothing has popped. If something does germinate and set pods, Ill have ya covered. The Major pain x Yaki however did germinate so when that sets pods Im wondering how those will be . Maybe I can shoot one to ya if interested

Thank you! International shipping being what it is, I'm hoping it won't come to that. Really appreciate it either way! :)

Starting to figure out how to get local pepper seeds, so I might be able to contribute some interesting Japanese varieties to whoever might be interested and willing to distribute to other US members.

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
So noticed an email from Pepperlover saying order refunded, I think they are out of Stuffing scotch bonnets or done selling them. I hate to ask folks on here but does anyone have seeds? Lmk
I got my seeds from Garth at TexasHotPeppers on this forum.   

FITN said:
Has anyone here grown and tried both the yaki blue and the brown? I'm curious how they compared to each other.

I'm not clear on how stable the Yaki are and what different names they may have attached to them, but what I'm growing was called Yaki Blue Fawn, so it has both blue and brown in its name.  It is much darker than the one in your picture, with an iridescent almost blue-black foliage - determined in no small part by lighting and this one will definitely lose the deep dark under weaker lighting.  I haven't seen any pods yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

CaneDog said:

I'm not clear on how stable the Yaki are and what different names they may have attached to them, but what I'm growing was called Yaki Blue Fawn, so it has both blue and brown in its name.  It is much darker than the one in your picture, with an iridescent almost blue-black foliage - determined in no small part by lighting and this one will definitely lose the deep dark under weaker lighting.  I haven't seen any pods yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
I have the Yaki Blue Fawn under germination now.  No hooks yet.  Sounds interesting.  

CaneDog said:

Well I know nothing about the Yaki pepper. These seeds were given to me a couple years ago by another THP member as a gift. This is the first time I've grown it. Who knows, we may be growing the exact same plant under two different names.

Awesome! Thanks for the link!
Thinking I'm going to have to wait to see some pods before I know which Yaki cross I have, Fillius Blue x Bhut or Pimenta Da Neyde x Bhut.

Back