• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My adopted babies

cont...

7 Pot Pod?
IMAG0053.jpg

7 Pot Pod Large?
IMAG0052.jpg

T.Scorpion?
IMAG0061.jpg

White Bullet Habs.
IMAG0064.jpg

Well here is that frost that us Minnesotans were warned about last night. I woke up to this and glad I covered my babies with all those comforters we had. Kinda looks like the wife and I got board and built a fort in the back yard...lol

IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

...and a close up.
IMAG0294.jpg

She actually told me last night "I think your being a bit excessive." Im like "They are my babies and I dont want to loose them so yeah Im a little protective." lol Besides with more than a few hundred pods left in there WHY would I want to throw it all away?

IMAG0293.jpg

...and a close up.

Seriously,.... ..is that the "batmobile" under there with your plants?....and if so your plants are well protected!.....

Glad ya missed the frost....too soon for that!

Well all my babies did survive that frost which is good and I am now on the third harvest with a 4th coming in maybe a few weeks. Hopefully these 70 degree and even 80 degree days we get will kick the ripening in gear further. Well I harvested last night and here is what I got.

IMAG0334.jpg

Not that you can tell but that's my Excalibur they are next to. Little do they know they will be going in there in a few days. ;)

Oh yeah I just remembered something kind of funny. I went on a mens retreat a few weeks ago and one of the guys from my church and I just talked it up all night and mostly about gardening and my peppers. Well last week that very man got up to tell everyone about the weekend and said "I didn't realize we had a pepper king in our midst." Then the pastor got up and said "Wayne does a lot with peppers and if you need or want anything hot, hes the one to go to." Last night at church when the pastor told me all of this (I wasnt there last week when this all went down) I couldn't help but laugh that I am now "The Pepper King" at church and my pastor pretty much warning me I might be getting hit up hard...lol I said "Well thanks for the warning pastor." lol

Because of this Im thinking of doing something in honor of it. Not sure what exactly but I got a few minor ideas. I plan to play with some BBQ sauce recipes over the winter and see what I can come up with there. Maybe Ill name my first sauce after the man that called me "The Pepper King" or something? lol Odly enough, his last name is Boring...seriously that's his last name, so maybe I will make a plain Jane basic (but good) BBQ sauce and call it "Boring BBQ" or something...lol

Anyway just thought I would share all of that with you.

Back