• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My adopted babies

My adopted babies are looking GREAT!!!. They are a week old since I got them from Muskymojo. They were under intense fluro lights and ever since I got them I have had them sitting in my basement window soaking up the rays. There was some yellowing and still is a little but I have been getting them with the Epsom salt and things are looking better. I also decided to take a couple left over shelves I had from just moving into my new home and put them to some great use. Sometimes my genius amazes me. Well here are the pics...

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Now the babies up close....shhhhhh they are sleeping.
IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Hope you all enjoy and thanks again Muskymojo. They are already growing so fast and looking great. Cant wait to see them turn into adults.

Well as long as they fling it amongst themselves and keep it in the cups its all good. I am hoping to do some pricing for material to build my raised bed(s) for them to make their home this season.

Glad to see they are doing okay. Just be careful with that crappy MG potting mix. I soaked em pretty good when I potted up and was getting worried when they were still very wet after 3 or 4 days. I put a box fan on mine for about 72 hours straight to get them back to normal. Next year I won't be hunting for potting mix in February...

Yeah Im not sure if I am using MG or not but I do know its one of those "Feeds for 6 months" kind of soil. Im thinking of taking one of these plants and doing a hydro again, especially since I have a 5 gal. bright orange home depot bucket under my stairs screaming for a hole in its lid.

WEEK 2:

Here is the update. The kids are looking great. I have been spraying them up till last night with a epsom salt solution which I will be holding off on now so I don't over water. Well here are some pictures. Look at all them leaves.

Here are the two blushing beauties...
IMG_0749.jpg

Quite a few sets of leaves
IMG_0748.jpg

and because one angle is never enough
IMG_0746.jpg

So you can see more of them in one photo.
IMG_0745.jpg

A shot from the upper level of the shelf from the other side of the blushing beauties so you can see the other kids.
IMG_0750.jpg

Hope you all enjoy.

Lookin good! I noticed that spraying that often with epsom made the leaves a bit yellow.... Give them their next meal as fish emu and they will green right up!

I dont have any so I will need to track some down. I Do you go to a local place to get it or can I get it online? Any suggestions? :D

Lowes has Alaskan fish emu for $10. It will last a long time, I think it's was a teaspoon to a 2L when I did the math...

Warning......it says it's got mint or something to help the bad smell........ewwwwww! Not enough! Use it outside or your wife will leave you. If you have cats they will try and eat your fingers too!

Well is there any I can use inside for now anyway since it still to cold to put the plants out? When I am looking for fish emu, will they say if they SHOULD be used outside or not?

You can use it inside, I'm just saying it stinks. Look in the thread about fish emulsion down the page. I think someone gives a brand that doesn't smell bad. I don't like havin to order things so I use what I can get my hands on.

Seems like Walmart carries it. Might be worth a quick look and save a few bucks.

Plants are looking good Crazy.

Thanks to both of you. :D When my plants are happy, I'm happy. I'm going to be doing another hydro run with one of them this year too. My little test went well last year with the 4 plants I did, but I am only going to do one this year with a new system I have built. Before the plant gets bigger I will build a bigger system in one of my 5 gal Home Depot buckets.

Well I dont know if this is the same stuff or not since I don't see any mention of "mint" being in it. Anyway I think I am going to pick some up this weekend now. :D

Fish Emulsion I Found
God I love this stuff, works great, doesnt smell too bad (or I have gotten used to it) and my plants are all green as green can be. I use it 1/2 strength inside, bottom water of course and get rid of whats not sucked up after a 2 minutes (if its not sucked up in that time, its not going to be), it cuts down on the smell.

WEEK 3 Well a lot has happened in a week let me show you.

Last Friday I took my Bhut (not my Butt) and put it into a hydro system I built last year for this season to try out. Once the plant gets big enough I will then move it to a Hommer bucket based system which I have not yet built.
As of last night I covered my coffee container with tape. The one thing I completely over looked so hopefully there isn't any damage done or bacteria starting.
IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Then check out the growth on most of the kids. Now you will notice some are lagging behind a little. Not sure why this is or if the fish emulsion will help that side of things or not but still over all things are looking great.
IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

Here are the two blushing beauties getting nice and tall
IMG_0756.jpg

I did end up at a Menard's yesterday but because of temps, they have not put the fish emulsion out on the shelf (outdoor garden center) since it is a liquid so I may try with my local HD or Lowe's and see if I can get it there instead of waiting.

Back