• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

My Badass Burrito!

Hey y'all.

I love tacos and tortillas in general and some would argue that the burrito is nothing more than a bigass taco.

I pity the fool that believes that.

The way I see it the good people of Mexico invented it and gave it to us. Muchas gracias.

Today the burrito as we know it has evolved from its humble beginnings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burrito

To call it a taco is just wrong. Its bigger. Its badder. It has a shit-ton(official SoFlo measurement) of stuff in it. Taco's are small and dainty. Ever seen a taco the size of a 3 year old toddler's leg?

And what does that mean for chile heads and THP?

Simple. 

You can put a whole lot more of hot stuff in it or serve it up "wet" and on top.

And who doesn't like a bigass burrito? NOBODY.

Especially peep's that  :high: and you know who you are.

So bring it y'all.

I want to see a BIGASS BURRITO!

Make it  the size of the Alaskan Pipeline.

Load the hell out of it.

And bring the spiceenescxt!

Here's what I got.

MY BIGASS BURRITO!

I got it goin' on with red potato's in olive oil with garlic, onion, and fresno chile.

Then I got some other sheeit ready.

Then I whooped out a bigass sun dried tomato tortilla and started loading it up. Don't even think of calling it a wrap!

Get some scheeze on there.

Now roll that 'thang up. It should be the size of a house cat or a baby's torso.

You wanna' know what I did next?

I microwaved it!

Then I cut it in half and mouth fisted it!

I was full after eating just half of it.

But the bigass burrito was ALIVE and talking dirty to me.

I HAD to eat it all.

Afterwards, I drank another hosky and went to bed.

I farted fairy dust and moonbeams in my sleep all night long.

Now y'all.

BRING YOUR BIGASS BURRITO!

UPDATE.

Due to the popularity of the thread I am changing the thread title to My Badass Burrito.

Simply to include ALL burrito's, not just BIGASS.

For all the stinkin' wrap lovah's, call it what you want but its still a flour tortilla.

The "wrap" thang is sissy marketing to get people to buy more tortillas while making them believe its something else.

Suckah's!  :rofl:

We don't eat no stinkin' wraps in Texas.

We eat bigass burritos.

Having said that...

Let us have no more debate as to what is or isn't a burrito or a wrap.

But keep the bigass burritos and the comedy comin'.

SamC did you take a big bite out of the tortilla before adding the porkage and rolling it up?

No matter.

It looks goodern' hell!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Chuy's bean burrito and a Mexican martini please.... 

My sister in Beeville is married to a Texan born Mexican.

Chuy's is her favorite Tex-Mex joint.

I'll have that same bean & cheese burrito, a side of queso, a side of jalapeno's, and some lime wedges.

And a Modello.

texas blues said:
For all the stinkin' wrap lovah's, call it what you want but its still a flour tortilla.

The "wrap" thang is sissy marketing to get people to buy more tortillas while making them believe its something else.

Suckah's!  :rofl:

We don't eat no stinkin' wraps in Texas.

We eat bigass burritos.

Having said that...

Let us have no more debate as to what is or isn't a burrito or a wrap.

But keep the bigass burritos and the comedy comin'.

SamC did you take a big bite out of the tortilla before adding the porkage and rolling it up?

No matter.

It looks goodern' hell!
lol no, I tossed them in the oven beforehand and accidentally tore a piece off in the process.  Sure looks like a bite.

For those in Texas, or travelling through, if yall ever go through Abilene, there is a little hole in the wall joint on South 14th called Alfredo's. Their Alfredo's burrito is the best burrito I ever had. Real, authentic Mexican food. Really cheap as well! For a more Americanized, chain type meal in Texas, Rosa's Tortilla Factory is also really good, in my opinion.

fixing to have me a couple of these

baby-burrito.jpg

More bigass burrito 'bidness.

With the usual suspects piled on.

White Gulf shrimps splooged with my buffalo sauce, dredged in corn flour, fried in olive earl, and resplooged with more buffalo sauce.

I couldn't make up my mind.

Eat it?

Or use it as a pillow and take a nap.

Buffalo shrimped bigass burrito goodnessessess.

It was goodern' hell but I could only manage to eat barely half before surrendering. I saved the other half for later.

Funny that when I was a kid I could have easily eaten 2 of these.

Now that I'm old and senile I have a much smaller gas tank.

But I get better mileage!

Jay bring on your fajita wrap or amish meat chingaderra or whatever you yankee's like to call it.

Its all cool and the gang.

texas blues said:

My sister in Beeville is married to a Texan born Mexican.

Chuy's is her favorite Tex-Mex joint.

I'll have that same bean & cheese burrito, a side of queso, a side of jalapeno's, and some lime wedges.

And a Modello.

Love me some Chuy's!  New one opened up last year about 10 minutes away.  For me it is a steak burrito with boom boom and hatch sauce on top (and boom boom on side) along with a Modelo or margarita.

The boom boom sauce is just awesome.  Basically queso mating with hatch and other peppers for some added flavor and heat.  Can't get enough!

Ever had a Freebirds Super Monster?

(random pic of it found online)
supermonster.jpg

Now that's a bigass burrito!  I have only finished one in a single sitting once a long while back.  The single sitting lasted quite awhile and involved the use of appetite enhancers.  Nowadays it is at least 2 but generally 3 full meals.

Dang skippy!

Ain't nobody advertising "Bigass Wraps"!

Mention was made of Freebirds.

Sadly I haven't made it there.

There's one in Denton just off the square.

I hear good 'thangs.

This freakin thread got me cravin' a burrito so much I broke down and got me some Freebirds. Behold my super monster:

20140530_204210_resize_20140530_210947.jpg

20140530_204519_resize_20140530_210946.jpg

Cayenne tortilla, cilantro rice, black beans, bad ass bbq sauce, habanero sauce, death sauce, steak, carnitas, corn salsa, pepper & onions, Jack cheese, & queso.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Btw, the second pic is after 5 giant bites just to get one end started.

Back