• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Bhut Patch

Welcome to THP, great place to be. Nice looking patch of plants you have there. Hope you have a couple months of grow season left, you might need it. Not to discourage you, but I started my Bhuts last year on december 27th (i think that was the day, i know it was december)and I am just starting to get ripe pods now. I got a little setback by mother nature and her cold snap, but all is good now.

What on earth are you going to do with all those peppers anyways, use them to melt the ice off your driveway this winter? LMAO!!!

Nice looking crop Steel! The heat here in Virginia has slowed everything way down. I've got very few pods from my 4 Bhuts that were overwintered, but not many. Just a bad year weather wise, but we were due as we've had quite a few years of mild weather. Be prepared to leave your plants out and have a tarp ready to cover them when the frost comes in October or November. Bhuts take forever to ripen, but they're worth it. Best pepper of all time IMO.

70+ mph winds blasted through here Wed and tore one of my plants right out ... looks like it broke part of the stem. :banghead:

Tore some of the others up too ..

We live in the middle of a flat farmland with no wind break trees, etc ... like living in a freakin' wind tunnel when the winds come over the Appalachians ... last winter we had continuous 5' snow drifts for several weeks ... with snow blowing over from the dairy farm's pasture. :stop:

Anyway ... I placed it back in and added some wet soil ... and built up a little mound around all of them ...

I thought gardening was supposed to be a relaxing hobby ... :doh: :crazy: :lol:

If you haven't and the torn and broken branches are still viable, get some rooting compound and root the broken bits into new plants.
Good luck.

I'm still hangin' in there ... lots of baby pods now ... :dance:

Just hope that the winds leave them alone for awhile ... I recovered two from winds a couple weeks ago ... but lost one completely yesterday when a front came through ... :mad:

bhutmem1.jpg

bhutmem2.jpg

bhutmem3.jpg

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17189-bhut-jolokia-ghost-pepper-id-please/page__p__367210__hl__seedrack__fromsearch__1#entry367210

There goes another one, those are habaneros dude.

Im so sorry for you... on the bright side, those plants looks REALLY healthy.

Oh goodness ... :eek:

I wished I'd found this forum before buying those seeds ...

Oh well ... next year ...

On the bright side ... I learned alot this season ... about growin' peppers in Virginia ...

Thanks y'all ... :lol:

Back