• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog

Hey everyone I am new to this forum but have learned so much good info and I feel like I am ready to dive in and start a log! I just received my seeds from mpicante and got em soaking for 24 hours before I sow in soil pods. Heres what I got!

Thanks again mpicante!

My small list of what I am starting off with: planted on 10/10/15
-Reaper
-Chocolate scotch bonnet
-Yellow brain strain 7 pot
-Chocolate brain strain 7 pot (pepper lover)
-Red brain strain 7 pot
-Orange bell
These were planted in the beginning of October
-Orange habanero
-Ghost pepper (pepper joe)
-Trinidad scourpion (pepper joe)

Most recently added:
-CHEIRO ROXA
-Giant red stuffed

moruga welder said:
how long till you can plant out   ?
Well here in Southern California I have a thai chilli plant outside that gives peppers year round. Recently it's been getting in the 40s at night which doesn't happen too often. But I feel like I have a little while before they will be ready for outside. I can put them in partial shade and bring them in at night
We get cold weather from about November through March

whats your average night time temps ?  i keep mine under 3 15,000 lumen cfl's from mid- jan. till april . then i take them out to the green house and bring back in at night till last frost mid- may . if they're growing faster than what light you can give you can  cut back light 15/9 .  and or top them .  i end up doing this anyway . plants are huge by plant out . 

They are around 70* - 75 I don't have a green house but I was thinking of setting up some shade screen so they don't get burned while they harden off. Wow that's a lot of light! What Cfls are you using? 15,000 lumens combined between the 3? And I am planing on topping.

Quick update. I was very surprised to see buds start to form on 3 of the 4 Orange habs I have. I left the one with the strongest looking buds alone (first pictured) and topped the other two.

Was not expecting the start of flowers this soon! But these guys have some good side shoots so should end up being quite bushy.

Really nice!

Planning on planting out in Feb? Curious to see what our Feb is even like...the weather predictions out now have you guys at slightly above average temps that time of year.

MarianneW said:
Really nice!

Planning on planting out in Feb? Curious to see what our Feb is even like...the weather predictions out now have you guys at slightly above average temps that time of year.
Thanks MarianneW! I think so. It's been colder than normal here so I am gonna try and keep them in my grow box for as long as possible then harden off outside and take them in at night. Well that's the plan so far haha

Here's the jungle:

The hydro seems to be doing well. Got some nice roots starting to dip into the water. I also Switched nutes to half streingth.

All the plants look healthy but a little worried about these small bumps on the bottom of some of the leaves.

Any idea of what it could be? white aphid eggs?

No pests just a paranoid Novice haha. Plants are doing great only problem I see is space! I am definitely running out of it.
Topped all plants with flowers except a scorpion and an orange hab (flower in pic)

At 1/2 streingth nutes and showing good roots coming down from the net pot.

Adamkaijorg said:
All the plants look healthy but a little worried about these small bumps on the bottom of some of the leaves.

Any idea of what it could be? white aphid eggs?

I get those bumps on my plants when I over water.  I think its edema?  This year, I had some baccatums that I chopped down for the winter.  The new growth has tons of these bumps.  In that instance, my theory is that the root structure was used to supplying turgor pressure to a large plant; when chopped, it had excess pressure and started  blowing out cells.  

dan5505 said:

I get those bumps on my plants when I over water.  I think its edema?  This year, I had some baccatums that I chopped down for the winter.  The new growth has tons of these bumps.  In that instance, my theory is that the root structure was used to supplying turgor pressure to a large plant; when chopped, it had excess pressure and started  blowing out cells.  
My lights put out a decent amount of heat and I have air movement in my grow area.
I let my plants start to wilt just a little before watering. I was thinking edema. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues maybe over fertilizing?

My first thought was edema as well. If you can easily scratch or wipe it off, it's not edema and probably is some kind of egg

Ozzy2001 said:
Just checked out your glog. Looking good. Welcome to the site. :welcome:
Thankyou Ozzy2001 I will be sure to post many pics!
Genetikx said:
My first thought was edema as well. If you can easily scratch or wipe it off, it's not edema and probably is some kind of egg
It does not come off so I had a feeling it was something other than pests.

Plants are looking good! Gonna have to lose some plants or top most of the varieties I don't care so much about (sweet bells)

Top view of the canopy:

My hydro brain strain at the seedling full strength nutrients.

screengrab

More flowers on the Orange hab: added a small amount of bloom fert just to experiment.

Out with the old in with the new! Upgraded to hid 400w. I am using a Mh veg 6,500k bulb. Plants seem to love it. The canopy is getting pretty dense so the extra light intensity should help penetrate the heavy growth.

The new setup:

Getting some leaf curl and some small brown specks on a few of my plants. Not too sure what could be the cause. I am thinking too much light/heat and low humidity? My grow box is around 85 with 30 rh. Today I switched my ballast to 50% power to lower heat and also added another exhaust fan. I am getting a reading of 75-80 and 30 rh now. Here are some of the plants I am concerned about:

Here's one of my scorpions with some spots:

I did mist the plants (thinking it will help rh)and when I water I do get water on the leaves, not sure if the hid lights are burning the leaves with moisture on them?

Plants are doin great under the mh set at 50%! Once I cranked down the power on the ballast the leaves seem to not be curling upwards as much anymore. A lot of my plants are starting to flower so I topped thoes today.

The hydro(Red BS) is passing up my soil plants big time!

Back