• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first pepper growing season

I terminated the Big Jim seramis project today. There were no more peppers or flowers. In total the plant gave me 10 peppers so I'm satisfied with this experiment. Here's a picture of the root ball

seramis.jpg

Todays harvest.
Snack Paprika, Poinsettia, Peito de Moca, Cayenne, Caribbean Red Habanero, 7 Pod and some very small Bhut Jolokia

harvest-19sep2009.jpg

boutros said:
Cool stuff Vincent- you get some good output from that balcony! What's the deal on the Aussie Black? Any more info- source, tastin' notes, etc?

Thanks
I got the seeds from a member of the dutch chilli pepper forum. I don't know the origin. The pods are very nice, taste is sweet and the heat about the same as cayenne.

the balcony season is over :( I still had some plants with lots of pods and plants that just started to make pods so I moved them indoors under lights.

This is what I moved indoors (1 of each): Bhut Jolokia, 7 POD, 7 POD Jonah, Habanero Orange, Habanero Red Savina, Habanero Caribbean Red, Fatalii Red, Fatalii Chocolate, CGN 22092, CGN 22093, CGN 22097, Lantern, Surinam yellow, Surinam Red??, NuMex Bailey Piquin, Coral Reed, Black Cluster and Capsicum Praetermissum

and some pictures

The Bhut is doing very well under lights. I can pick 2 or 3 ripe peppers every day
BJ-12.jpg

CGN 22097
cgn22097-03.jpg

Back