• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first plant growing ever : Trinidad Scorpion Butch T

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Due to the euphoria caused by the suffering and anguish of people on Youtube after eating this and other hot peppers, I am deciding to grow some on my own so I can enjoy this experience myself in real life! I want to grow this pepper to not only try it myself, but also to allow others to try it and just have something else I can do/talk about in my life.

This is my first time planting anything. The only other plant I have ever owned was those chinese bamboo plants that you have to water once per week :P So I am new to this and know I am bound to stumble into problems or even fail--but I will learn from it :D

I poured the fertilizer while spraying them with luke warm water, then when the thing was 90% full, I made a hole in the middle 2 inches deep and put 1 seed in each, then watered more fertilizer to cover the hole.

I know I should use a heating pad but I can't get that but hopefully the warm houston weather will suffice.

JYTsrh.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/jvVGW

I will update this and hopefully they germinate and grow :D

Thanks for the comment ^__^ , IDK about growing season , but I'm in Houston, TX so its going to be hot until around october. As far as Habineros go, I'm not too excited or care much for them , I saw Habenero at HEB and I bought a few peppers. I cut one open and took the seeds and planted it for fun and they all germenated. If I didn't have 13X trinidad scorpions I might have kept one xD !! I'll probably plant them infront of my moms apartment or someething

if you guys were to guess what phase my plant is right now from producing the first peppers , from 1% to 100% (100% being now producing) , can you tell me how far you think I am ??

It hard to put a number on it because their are so many variables that could cause the flower to either be sterile, flower drop, and worst of all pest that have the ability to delay the process further. It also depends if you will let the plant flower early or at a certain stage. Sorry I can't help with putting a number on it I hate giving false hope. On the plus side plants look great so just let them do their thing and do not worry about it rushing the process will only hurt the plant.

My scorps were planted in march and are close to five feet tall and are just now starting to flower...didn't think it would ever happen

hell ya!
I hope those work,because thats just the funniest $^*t ever.....I might have to try this if they work!

Hey Kyle what is that you brought to the production meeting today..
Well Bob since you want to be nosey,thats a Butch T pepper plant,now can we get back to the meeting please?

Good stuff!

Uppppdate :D :D :D

Great news! 1 flower has set and many other little buds (pre flowers) are everywhere on 1 plant that is way ahead of the pack :D
Now what happens is either the flower will develop into a pepper, or the flower will drop and I have to wait until next season

:) )))

545385_4721842331094_167636389_n.jpg

Yay have about 10 peppers growing on my biggest plant, this is the biggest pepper so far :))

all the other ones which I don't care about much are trying to flower

Baby pods! Awesome!

This is the second time I've seen the Wally bags used as root pouches. Great idea, and cheap! Do you know roughly how many gallons they are? Look to be about 5 gallon.

Back