• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My First Tray

IMG_0672.jpg
Here is my first tray. Its basically planted out now. I will be updating today. I overwintered 30 peppers,yeah my wife thinks I'm crazy. This tray has Fish Pepper(Peppergal),Cheiro Recife( Peppermania),Shisito(Baker Creek),Broome (Peppermania),Garden Bird Seed (Baker Creek),Zimbabwe Bird Op from 2011,Hawaiian Sweet Hot (Peppermania),Vietnamese Multicolor (Baker Creek),Bulgarian Carrot Pepper (Peppergal),SerranoTampiqueno (Botanical Interest),Spanish Padron (Renees' Garden)Aji Crystal (Peppermania)

IMG_0696-1.jpg
[/img] This was our tiny living room ! Note the 5 foot Jolokia ? It was to beautiful to cut back so its trellised. I overwintered almost 32 plants and lost like 8. MY Aji Dulce from peppermania it was atomic hot and the 5 pods I harvested look more like Goat Peppers say a prayer ! I will feel like I won the Lotto if it turns out to be a Goat Pepper ! I overwintered several 7 Pots,A Chocolate Habanero,Tasmanian Red Hab,White Hab RIP,2 Bishops Hats,Guyana,2 Aji Limon (one died),a Paprika that was atomic,Rocoto RIP,2 Aribibi Gusano one died,Rooster Spurs RIP, Hidalgo RIP,Firecracker Piquin,Zimbabwe Bird RIP,Aji Colorado now in full bloom ! And more that elude my morning memory.

IMG_0696-1.jpg

I have Mondays off and will be trying to update all day ! I am still learning the posting pics on my Commodore 64, :)

Nice! Very cool overwinters! What's in the trays, I can't read the tags. Are you container growing everything or are you planting out?

2012Garden072.jpg
Far left is a Caribbean Red Hab 2012, Aji Dulce ? 2011,Yellow Cayenne 2011,Firecracker? Piquin 2011 ,Bishops Hat 2011, Guyana 2011,Tasmanian Red Hab 2011 2011= Overwintered.

• Aribibi Gusano, Pepperocini,Zimbabwe Bird,Nepalese,Piquin,Naga
    Morich,Bulgarian Carrot,Fish,Rooster Spur,Red Rockey,Chilaca,Mulato
    Isleno,De Arbol Purple,Zapotec Jalapeno,Hawaiian Sweet Hot,Broome
    Chilli,Bulgaria,Guampinha De Veado,Guyana,Aji Picante,Aji Cristal,Aji colorado,Aji
    Habanero,Aji Limo Rojo,Aji Limon,Aji Umba,Rain Forest,Peruvian Chinense,Turks'
    Cap,Aji Dulce Yellow,Cheiro Recife,Piment Da Neyde,Califonia Wonder,Purple Jalapeno,Red
    Rocoto,Topepo Rosso,Lemon Yellow Habanero,Red Mushroom,Vietnamese
    Multicolor,Chocolate Habanero,Garden Birdseed,Caribbean Red
    Habanero,ItalianPepperoncini,Mustard Habanero,Jamaican Hot Chocolate,Tunsian
    Baklouti,Shisito,Leutschauer Paprika,Kung Pao,Broome,Butch T I believe this is my complete list I am growing ! I also am
    IMG_0623.jpg
    growing a garden with Beans.Okra,Peas,Swiss Chard ,Onions ETC !! I took this picture in March 2011 and now have an edible front yard !! The Landlord has painted the house now ! I will post updates !

IMG_0683.jpg
Well looks like my count is possibly 5-6 peppers rode out the winter okay! I piled a layer of leaves to the East facing bed whenever I raked. Looks like 2 Bishop Hats 1 or 2Tasmanian Red Habanero and a Bird Pepper !
2012Garden004.jpg

2012Garden005.jpg
2012Garden006.jpg
My Herb garden is Parsley which is going to seed. I planted it for the Swallowtail Butterfly's but now I really love fresh Flat Leaf ! Oregano,Thyme,Tarragon,Cilantro also going to seed.Dill, I need to plant more. This the other Golden Cayenne it's a "Hoss". It was another late 2011 so I am not sure if its"true". I will know soon judging by the profusion of flowers !

Nice! Very cool overwinters! What's in the trays, I can't read the tags. Are you container growing everything or are you planting out?
I have a few I will leave in containers the Piquin,the large Golden Cayenne,The Bhut Jolokia(?) ,I will plant out the Tas.Red Hab,Bishops Hat because I want millions of goat chez prosciutto wrapped grilling yummies ! The Aji Colorado as it had a branch we measured at 6 feet ! I have planted out a Aji Limon,Bishops Hat,Several Orange 7 Pots,a Chocolate Hab. I have made a map of the yard and after last weeks plant out of almost 2 trays of peppers and 1 tray of 12 heirloom 'Mater varities. I use some square foot gardening and utilize my entire postage stamp front border. I will post a pic from my roof now and later in the season that should be pretty "kool" !

These are pretty much my whats left at this point.Naga(Pepperhot),Aji Limo(Peppermania),Aji Dulce Yellow(Peppermania),Lemon Yellow Habanero (Baker Creek),Mulato Isleno (Peppermania),Chocolate Bhut Jolokia (Trade Winds),Big Sun Habanero (Trade Winds),Trinidad Douglah(Trade Winds),Red Bhut Jolokia (Dulac) They need more light and a warmer spot. T
2012Garden009.jpg
his will be remedied in January !

2012Garden020.jpg
I had purchased the seeds on Fleabay so not sure if its a true Bhut Jolokia. We love the peppers on our 5 foot plant so its not that big of a deal.

Thanks HabaneroHead ! I transplanted my Tasmanian Red Habanero,Bishops Hat,Guyana from 3 gal. pots I overwintered and a 7 Pod from a 1 gal. pot last Friday.
Backhome001.jpg

Started new seeds from Peppermania Negro de Arbol,Piment 'd Espelette,Queen Laurie,Black Congo she hooked me up with Congo Trinidad ! I also for the 3rd time killed the last 2 of Lemon Yellow Habanero from Baker Creek. Bih Jolokia,Red Bhut from a trade with Dulac. I started Chocolate Bhut,Douglah and another Big Sun from Trade winds. I traded for what is an Annuum from the Mazaroni River it was found in 2010 by botanist searching for undiscovered Orchids !

Woah, Grass, you have a spectacular set of overwinters there - that
living room shot is amazing! What a jungle. Your starts and pot-ups
look pretty good too : )

[font="'comic sans ms"]I need to update with some pics. !! I left the camera battery charger at the parentals home ! I kinda hope I'm the only person in North America trying to grow this !! :D http://www.pepperfriends.com/forum/blog/6/entry-348-unknown-pepper-from-mazaroni-river-guyana/ [/font]

[font="'comic sans ms"]Paulg I won't get my hope up to much then,as I can only keep the Manzano or Rocotos alive 8 months tops ! I thought your plants are some of the nicest ! ...Dan[/font]

Back