• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My First Tray

IMG_0672.jpg
Here is my first tray. Its basically planted out now. I will be updating today. I overwintered 30 peppers,yeah my wife thinks I'm crazy. This tray has Fish Pepper(Peppergal),Cheiro Recife( Peppermania),Shisito(Baker Creek),Broome (Peppermania),Garden Bird Seed (Baker Creek),Zimbabwe Bird Op from 2011,Hawaiian Sweet Hot (Peppermania),Vietnamese Multicolor (Baker Creek),Bulgarian Carrot Pepper (Peppergal),SerranoTampiqueno (Botanical Interest),Spanish Padron (Renees' Garden)Aji Crystal (Peppermania)

Thank you for the kind words, Dan! Maybe it would be a great
candidate for an overwinter since you don't have many of those :lol:

Who knows what you might really have there? It will be cool to see
what the pods look like, then we can make a better guess!

Very nice choices—I don't see many others growing the Garden Bird Seed—and I love that living room shot! The herb bed is super cool, too.

Have a good holiday weekend!

Gary

My 3 dollar bird pepper score at the NC Farmers Market in Raleigh. I'd guess its a year old.
Backhome007.jpg
Backhome003.jpg
The container grown Beurre De Rocquencourt wax beans ! Yummy !

Backhome011.jpg
I am using the plant pot trays as an umbrella on my Mustard Habanero and Caribbean Red Habanero . I have Burkina Faso Cowpea,Okra,Cherokee Purple Tomatoes and Tendral Verde Tardif Melons planted in this border ! Ohhh and Purple Artichokes !! The ladybugs loved laying eggs on the "Chokes!" Paul & Gary, Gary where did you get your Mazaroni River seed ? I traded a gentleman from Sweden ... Dan

Dig your garden space, bro! Your shade covers are ingenious.
Another great idea on THP!

Keep up the good work, Grass! And great score on the bird pepper.
You can't grow one that cheap : )

Holy s*%t! Tons of overwinters. You mastered that it looks like. Good variety and lots of green. I didn't notice 1 deficient leaf on any plant. I'm so jealous of the OW's. Keep doin what your doin man. Very impressive! And the living room shot is just crazy.

Dig your garden space, bro! Your shade covers are ingenious.
Another great idea on THP!

Keep up the good work, Grass! And great score on the bird pepper. Looked like a need for the popular super hots ! I need to get set up for next year !!!
You can't grow one that cheap : )

Holy s*%t! Tons of overwinters. You mastered that it looks like. Good variety and lots of green. I didn't notice 1 deficient leaf on any plant. I'm so jealous of the OW's. Keep doin what your doin man. Very impressive! And the living room shot is just crazy.
I lost 8 plants + - out of 30 something. I will update with "Where are they now ?!?"

Backhome014.jpg
Backhome016.jpg

Trying to germinate in my alarmed grow room ! Its some seeds I ordered from Peppermania and some from Tradewinds,Baker Creek and Dulac a peep here on THP.

Started new seeds from Peppermania Negro de Arbol,Piment 'd Espelette,Queen Laurie,Black Congo she hooked me up with Congo Trinidad ! I also for the 3rd time killed the last 2 of Lemon Yellow Habanero from Baker Creek. Bih Jolokia,Red Bhut from a trade with Dulac. I started Chocolate Bhut,Douglah and another Big Sun from Trade winds. I traded for what is an Annuum from the Mazaroni River they in Da Car ...

Backhome036.jpg
This is one of 3 7 Pod overwinters,
Backhome035.jpg
The Pods are looking scary as heck !! It was very compacted and as a result the roots were exposed hence the rip rap mulch.

Thanks PinoyPride ! I will dodge the rain and get all my garden posted. I just timed staking and thinning out some veggie beds. I also have up potted or transplanted a few other "odds and ends." Danny

Nice plants.
I will have to overwinter a few at the end of this season. Your looks great and producing.
My plants (from seeds) are only about 8-12" tall.

Sy
PS. Love the Raleigh Farmers Market

the only good thing for me here in hawaii i dont have to over winter my plants...after there mass production i just give them massive haircut and theyre back in business again

Thanks for stopping by Sy ! My wife and I have learned to share just 1 double plate of Seafood at the Farmers Market ! PinoyPride I have no luck overwintering Orchids here in NC ! I was reading a comment on Stickmans Glog . At one time in Durham (NC)a gentleman would overwinter for a nickel a day.

Thanks for stopping by Sy ! My wife and I have learned to share just 1 double plate of Seafood at the Farmers Market ! PinoyPride I have no luck overwintering Orchids here in NC ! I was reading a comment on Stickmans Glog . At one time in Durham (NC)a gentleman would overwinter for a nickel a day.

a nickel a day...how long does winter last anyways

"shared just 1 double plate of Seafood at the Farmers Market"

We go there on weekends... Can't escape without stopping by that seafood place & the baked goods!
Sy

Backhome044.jpg
Backhome045.jpg

This has ended up being a mystery pepper. I had believed it to be a Golden Cayenne it only produced 3 pods last season due to starting it 13 May 2011. We had the start out trays on the deck. Then the Landlord had the painters out,deck pressure washed so,tags were lost. It produced 2-3 yellowish pods the size of a peanut. I also had started Datils so ??? Thanks THP neighbors !!

My Cayenne is in another pot and I thought the Datils all died off.... Cayenne pics will follow ...

Back