beer My Homebrews

Interesting! That is definitely good to know.

I'm a big fan of Zainasheff, but I use his calculator loosely and follow my own judgement with yeast viability and starter size.

Also keep in mind Zainasheff and Chris White from white labs wrote the yeast book together. Wyeast is pretty much White labs only big competitor for liquid yeast. They may just be saying that trying to stand on their own ya know? But I wouldn't be surprised If I saw the facts also,  and it proved to be so.

Like I said, I was doing both for awhile (pitching from vial VS starter) and just from personal experience I learned to prefer using a starter. I still have a shit ton to learn, but for now I'm going stater whenever possible.

Not a great picture, finished up a bit later than expected - but first batch of Lager, coming on up. Let the weeks roll on !!!!

Homebrew.jpg

wheebz said:
it goes well

pilot system will be finished next week, big system should be delivered 2nd week of october, open date of nov 15th
 Shoot was hoping you would be open for business earlier, will be at the New zip-line park in Bear Del  late Oct.
 Will be waiting patiently  :pray:

Next time I drive up north to head home I'm stoppin by! Delaware is on the way to MA.

So shit. I entered my first beer competition ever and scored a 42 on my irish red ale! And a 37 on a blonde ale. No medal or anything but not too shabby for barely a year of brewin.

scoresheet score.JPG

Excellent! Me and my brewing buddy did a Beer for a recent Cask fest. Reaper Madness. Russian Imperial Stout, aged in a Bourbon barrel and with a Reaper Pepper. It was tasty! Here's the sign our friend made for it with an homage to the 1936 Movie Poster Print.

reaper_madness_zps148391e3.jpg

Back