beer My Homebrews

For real. We needs to have a farm trip soon

Though, that award winning beer is alllllll gone :tear:

I drink too damn much to keep any beer around for long!

HigherThisHeat said:
Nice! I just bottled up a cider a couple weeks ago myself. Still has some mellowing out to do.

What was your recipe for the cider?

been using the fleshmans yeast... 1 packet per gallon... and 1.5 cups sugar... going to make a new batch soon.. but this time use red star champagne yeast and use corn sugar when i bottle ... 

Since it will be so dry, he is just referring to adding back some sweetness to it. Some people add regular unfermented, regular cider back to it to give it a more sweet, apple taste.

HigherThisHeat said:
Since it will be so dry, he is just referring to adding back some sweetness to it. Some people add regular unfermented, regular cider back to it to give it a more sweet, apple taste.
will do.. someone told me.. 32oz unfermented AJ.. for every 3 gallons.. and adding 3/4tsp brown sugar.. thanks guys!
i already have my 8 gallon kettle...but before i bought that i had bought some all grain ingredients but cut it in half to experiment first with all grain...

can i use this 12QT.. and fill it only with 8 QT of water... and add the 4QT later to cool down the wort?? is this pot fesable? 

the one on the black one...

just doesnt make sense to use 8 gallon kettle for such a small batch

RocketMan said:
That Champagne yeast is going to make it a dry Cider. Might need to back sweeten it if you don't.

Yes, you could fit 8qts of wort into a 12qt pot, but depending how wide the kettle is, it may not be very much room for the hot break ... unless of course you have some fermcap to control boil over, then no worries.

Unless you are saying you are going to add 8 quarts of water into the kettle AND THEN add your grains into the water, then no. That will most likely not be enough room.

Back