beer My Homebrews

Yeah its wicked dry for sure. Sort of like a chardonnay or something of the likes.

I only have like 18 bottles of it, but in case I can hold out, you think it would benefit from aging in the bottle for some months?

My next attempt at this I think i'll keep it as a still cider and shoot for about 6% abv with a little more residual sweetness.

I think you should leave it in the bucket then put the bucket into the Freezer for 48 to 72 hours. Remove any ice that forms and then repeat the process. After the second time bottle and age for 1 year then sit back and enjoy the sippin material. Oh, and repeat the process annually :)

Wheebz may not agree with this and if you do it mums the word ;)

we used to make heineken bombs

case of heineken

pop the tops off, stick straws in them

let the water freeze out, and then pound the last quarter of the bottle through the straw

its like doing a shot

I been thinking about it. I only have 17 bottles though. Wondering if it would even be worth it...

Maybe next time.

For now I'll just use em as a booster when I'm lookin to get to' up.

Yep. So I just spent a bunch of money I don't techinically have on some brew shyte.

Propane burner, 10 gallon kettle, and wort chiller.

I'm that much closer to AG...

For now I'll do full boil 5 gallon extract batches. OR I just right now realized I could do partial boil 10 gallon batches!

This is going to be awesome considering I'm going from a 3 gallon cheap wal-mart stock pot on the stove.

>=)

setup.jpg

Brewin tomorrow on the new sheeit.

Brew day.
brewday.jpg

Yup. Gettin fancy.

Brewed up a cream ale today on the new shit. Extract full boil. It seems to have made a difference definitely in color. I've not been able to get one as light as this one ended up.

That's how it starts... Last year I did an extract in a tamale pot, fast forward to a year later and I have a ten gallon rims system, keggerator , a dedicated fermentation fridge, a lot less money, and a beer belly. But it is fun and delicious.

Nice, I was debating whether ringer a real brew burner or save a little coin by going with a turkey fryer. But you can't beat a 10 gallon SS Brew Pot!

That's how it starts... Last year I did an extract in a tamale pot, fast forward to a year later and I have a ten gallon rims system, keggerator , a dedicated fermentation fridge, a lot less money, and a beer belly. But it is fun and delicious.

Ha, yep same deal. All my extra money goes to this hobby.

Nice, I was debating whether ringer a real brew burner or save a little coin by going with a turkey fryer. But you can't beat a 10 gallon SS Brew Pot!

Yeah the burner and kettle are a game changer for me. I can now do 10 gallons using a partial boil if I so choose. The fryer was only like $50 bucks. Well worth it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100121665?productId=100121665&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100121665&cm_mmc=shopping%2d%5f%2dgoogleads%2d%5f%2dpla%2d%5f%2d100121665&ci_gpa=pla

Back