beer My Homebrews

Once you outgrow the the stand on the ground and want a higher up stand you can still use the burner. My stand has my original Bayou classic burner mounted to it and it still works great.

Heyy Just realized you're from Clearwater.

Yeah, I think for next time I'm gonna set it on some blocks or soemthing of the sort to raise up the height.

How long you been homebrewing?

Even with the immersion chiller I had a hell of a time getting the wort down to pitching temps. Our ground water is approx 80F. I had to double the chiller with an ice bath just to get below that threshold. Florida and it's heat ain't good for much.

Get a long piece of hose going into the cooler and freese it into a big block of ice to really chill the water going into the cooler. As the block of ice melts it becomes an ice bath. Should be able to cool it down faster then. Just a thought.

I used to run ice water through a plate chiller using an aquarium pump, and reclaim the water in a 5 gallon jug as strike water for the next beer i brewed

Oh snap. That's some good usage of the run off. I was thinking of what the heck to use the waste for. Last time I used the run off to fill up a 55 gallon rain barrell. f**kING 55 GALLONS OF POTENTIAL WASTED WATER.

Built me a mash tun today. Ohh yeeahhh. I'm going all grain :dance:
mashtun.jpg

inside mash tun.jpg

Did up pale ale today. First AG brew day. I calculated at around 65% efficiency. Not so bad. I under shot the total boil volume and other little things.. but yep.

Using brewsmith it calculated my efficency at 72%... I'll take it.

Then again I don't know if I set up my equipment profile correctly. Oh well.

AG is the shit. I don't know why it took me so long to make the jump.

Yeah its all good. I thought you were talking about using simple sugars.

I have indeed moved on to all grain. That extract crap is a thing of the past.

I feel like I'm starting all over in a sense.

Just got my Father to switch. He tried to start distilling before he even knew how to make beer. Wanted to make a scotch and showed me his recipe he found online...lol lets just say when it comes to making a quality product its.... Grain, water, yeast, and time. Your mash tun looks great. I constructed the exact same thing when I started, even with the false bottom. I use the braided hose and false bottom together now. Im also making my first keggle system so its on to larger batches. Trying to open a small brew pub with a good friend. At that point though, its just scale up to volumes of larger tanks, kettles etc.

You're movin on up! Some day I'll probably want to move on to larger brews, but so far myself I have yet to brew the same beer twice.

Good luck on opening a brew pub. I believe that be the dream.

My dream is to brew a goddamn good beer and then brew it again.

With extract I made some good beer. Better than some. Worse than a lot.

Wait... I just realized I'm drunk now on homebrew. So everything i say. Awesome.

I'd like to brew more often. All I do is follow recipes....  My next feat is how the hell to brew more often with out it being so expensive. I'mma start reusing yeast and stuff and try my own  recipes

I ramble rambler. I like things.

Yeast harvesting, and grain banking dude... thats where you save your money. I also have a hop yard so that's another cost that will soon be a thing of the past :) Keep it up dude! I'll keep checkin in! Love brewing beer. Love beer. 

Back