• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse My new (8ft x 12ft) Greenhouse

POTAWIE said:
I have a very similar greenhouse, but it got quite mangled this winter. I left the door open a bit, and the wind blew out the 3 back panels and ripped the base(not brick) apart:( I hope its still salvagable but I'll have to wait till the snow melts to find the panels. Its about 4 or 5 years old now

I hope it's not too much hard work to get it together again. The thought of still having snow is making me feel cold.

Nice work!, Jealous isn't the right word...:liar:

My GH :shh:

00_41217_b.jpg

Mine looks exactly like that Lee, except I only have one shelf on one side. Busted the door zipper all to hell. Got it on super-clearance though so it works better than I'd hoped for the price.

caroltlw said:
Mine looks exactly like that Lee, except I only have one shelf on one side. Busted the door zipper all to hell. Got it on super-clearance though so it works better than I'd hoped for the price.

I got it for a fair price.. I wont be using those shelfs, they to small. I will make some kind of custom shelf.:)

I grow my plants in containers and I think 6 plants is max. for that mini GH. I bought that actually for my wilds who like the humid conditions.
Footprint is about 5x5

Hi Guys, Here are a couple of update pics of the greenhouse...

Chillis-05-04-09001.jpg
[/IMG]
Chillis-05-04-09008.jpg
[/IMG]
Chillis-05-04-09006.jpg
[/IMG]
This is a Ramiro sweet pepper around 4 inches long already.
Chillis-05-04-09005.jpg
[/IMG]
It's going really well, there isn't much space left for Toms but the chillis are flourishing in the natural light so I cant resist removing more from indoors. I have at least 20 plants with pods at various stages of growth, most are Annuum but also a few Frutescens and even Chinenses such as Goronong, 7 Pod and Naga Morich.
I thought i'd jumped the gun by sowing in November but it seems to be paying of now.

dang, Twang, I can't wait till I can have a greenhouse! Random question though, where did you get all of those metal stands?

Hi guys, Here are some pics of the greenhouse. It's kinda full...
Chillipics14-5-09001.jpg
[/IMG]
The view from the garden
Chillipics14-5-09005.jpg
[/IMG]
Lots of stuff other than chillis, including the huge Tomato plants.
Chillipics14-5-09002.jpg
[/IMG]
Goronong with small pods ripening
Chillipics14-5-09003.jpg
[/IMG]
C. Chacoense - Covincho, with pods

just one more to come...

Chillipics14-5-09004.jpg
[/IMG]
C. Cardenasii- Ulupica flower, I noticed it has set fruit today.

I absolutely love having a greenhouse, and it seems the plants do too. Best £££ I ever spent:)

Looking great Twang! Those Goronong pods sure are cool looking, but I found the taste a bit dissapointing however I'd like to know what you think of them

Scorpion said:
Excellent green house and plants mate, im jealous here in aus as we are heading into a cold spell for a while!

Scorpion,

And here in Ohio after tonight, we will be starting to plant. Actually, I started a couple of weeks ago and am worried - 36 degrees with a frost warning.

My goal is that when the end of my season comes in six months, I'll be able to extend it by using a GH.

Mike

Back