• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

I have been a long time lurker and finally joined. I figured I'd start posting some of the things I cook or make with the peppers I grow.

First up

This is a Thai Cucumber salad I make with a rare Japanese cucumber I grow, peppers and cilantro are mine as well. I'll take better pictures with the next batch. I have enough stuff right now to do about 10 more 32oz jars.

cuc_salad.jpg

A picture of the cucumber plants

541785_10150944949638509_72500591_n.jpg

Twins, both rubbed down with 2 different rubs and contain my 15 pepper blend.

8093_3338277140124_449139475_n.jpg

Lobster roll with previous nights lobster leftovers. Contains one of my pepper blends.

538278_435214439845621_1632465977_n.jpg

Homemade lump crab cakes with black bean corn salsa I threw together. Cake have my tri-thai blend and 15 blend in the salsa.

600754_10150900125868509_666058156_n.jpg

Sausage and Peppers, Joyner style.

528814_10150986691463509_805277936_n.jpg

Joyner's I was just replying to Jay I didn't even see your pic.

Cool. Yeah a picnic can work too. You have to be more skilled to do a picnic as it has less fat. Boston has more forgiveness.

End result is similar, some say Boston is juicier (some say greasy) and milder.

I know the difference between then THP, but thanks. I usually prefer the Boston myself as it is fattier. My question for Joyner was if he had seasoned and put the skin back on the butt, or was just frying it up as cracklins.

I know the difference between then THP, but thanks. I usually prefer the Boston myself as it is fattier. My question for Joyner was if he had seasoned and put the skin back on the butt, or was just frying it up as cracklins.
The side I cut the skin from I left a ton of fat, I switch my style up all the time. Pig blood runs through my veins, Joyner's and Gwaltney's of Smithfield, Va.

Pork looks damn good. What caught my eye was the [font=lucida grande']chimichurri marinated and grilled beef loin flap tacos. I've only seen "flap" one time, at Central Market. Even though I have no idea what cut it actually is or where it comes from I thought at the time that it could be used anywhere flank or skirt are called for. I'm happy to see those and I'm on a hunt now for some more after seeing those tacos! Right on man![/font]

Pork looks damn good. What caught my eye was the [font=lucida grande']chimichurri marinated and grilled beef loin flap tacos. I've only seen "flap" one time, at Central Market. Even though I have no idea what cut it actually is or where it comes from I thought at the time that it could be used anywhere flank or skirt are called for. I'm happy to see those and I'm on a hunt now for some more after seeing those tacos! Right on man![/font]
Costco here now carries it for 5.49 a pound. It is almost as tender as a filet from Costco and more tender than most any crappy grocery store filet. It makes for amazing tacos...next up, nachos going down right now with left overs!

A little leftover chimichurri steak making its way to nachos.

Costco here now carries it for 5.49 a pound. It is almost as tender as a filet from Costco and more tender than most any crappy grocery store filet. It makes for amazing tacos...next up, nachos going down right now with left overs!

A little leftover chimichurri steak making its way to nachos.

Wow that looks great and your Salsa looks so awesome!!!

Back