• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking My own house ribs

These are my ribs that I make, and the locals come asking for them. I actually have made these on request as sort of a take out lol.
I rub em, then use my Fiery BBQ Sauce to top em off.

The Rub:

1 TBS Red Pepper flakes
1 TSP Cumin
1 TSP Coriander
1/2 TSP Salt
1 TSP Pepper
2 TBS Paprika
1 TSP Onion Powder
1 TSP Garlic Powder
3 Coffee beans

Grind it all up in a spice / coffee grinder

18.jpg

This is em raw and rubbed

19.jpg

Cooked and about ten seconds from coming off the grill.

Side note:
These are good quality Beef Ribs. I tend to like beef over pork in my ribs.

Looks good do you use any honey in your finishing glaze?

I use a very similar recipe, but I also use chili powder, and sea salt instead. Never tried with a coffee bean although I have made rubs with coffee before.

I thought the coffee was strange until I saw these were beef ribs, and now I don't. I have a brisket rub with coffee grounds I made up, with kaffir lime leaves and other ingredients, and it definitely suits beef.

Good one!

That looks like ST louis pork ribs - the beef ribs I get around here are much larger boned - maybe its just around here :D

If you look at the bottom right, about 2" in it looks like a bit of unseasoned pink pork.

MASALADON, you sure these are beef?

Those aren't beef. No way.
A slab of beef ribs is usually bones 6-12, resulting in a 7-rib slab of BIG bones.
Pork ribs slabs usually have 10-13 ribs on them, depending on the butcher.

The slabs in the pic have 14 ribs.

Maybe you prefer "Beef" ribs because you've really been eating "Pork" ribs, which I prefer!!!

Whatever the animal it is, they look amazing and my stomach is growling!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Like the coffee idea! Gonna give it a shot!

FD

Those aren't beef. No way.
A slab of beef ribs is usually bones 6-12, resulting in a 7-rib slab of BIG bones.
Pork ribs slabs usually have 10-13 ribs on them, depending on the butcher.

The slabs in the pic have 14 ribs.

Maybe you prefer "Beef" ribs because you've really been eating "Pork" ribs, which I prefer!!!

Whatever the animal it is, they look amazing and my stomach is growling!
Thanks for sharing the recipe. Like the coffee idea! Gonna give it a shot!

FD
Ok its not just me :cool: - Im not a big fan of beef ribs but those pork ribs look really good.

beef ribs are great because you can slightly undercook them, top them with chimichurri (or other flavorful sauce) and then just gnaw at it repeatedly, dipping in sauce each time.

Great stuff!!!

Back