• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe Naga pickle

Hi Guy's

I love curries 😋 love hot curries 😁 Not a fan of hot sauces.............I made loads following different recipes a friend and I tried them all .......don't like tomato based don't like fruit based ........

Ended up making a very simple fermented red scotch bonnet, "Tabasco style" simple and best by far ! 😋

However I love pickles of the Indian kind "Brinjal pickle" egg plant in the States is simply divine I make big batches it gets better with age.

I gave a friend a 14 month aged jar of Brinjal pickle ........how now leaves the jar I make him every year for 12 months before he eats it. Anyway that's another post 😉

Back to Naga pickle recipe I made lots from different recipes this one I love the best 😍 last time I made it I used Red scotch Bonnets and its still fantastic !

You tube : search Naga pickle (Food lovers by Rubana) the recipe it listed.

It blooming tasty goes a long way ! It an even be used to knock together a cquick curry with good heat and authentic flavour.

20211203_221527.jpg

Luckily my local Halal shop had all the ingredients...........

20211204_095001.jpg

Oh the smells.............

20211216_164707.jpg

Fantastic stuff ..........flavour and heat to die for ! mix it in , put a bit on the side , brave enough dip :rofl:

Highly recommended making yourself some

Stephen ps The "EU" says you can't eat mustard oil 🤬 but cold pressed Rape seed oil works well too. I've made it with both it works but mustard oil gives it that extra something and is more authentic.

Last edited:
Bonnet Pickle, looks good!

thanks Stephen, I like the sound of this recipe, got a huge bag of panch poran I had no idea what to do with :lol:
I will probably use less hot peppers as well, I've already used my nagas

Back