• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Need advice on best bloody mary recipe

I hate the mixers, and have only had good ones at a few bars. I would like to make a really good mix, but I'm finding ones where Tabasco is used and I don't like Tabasco at all (but do love Tapatio). Any one have any good recipes?

I don't do bloody marys, but I love caesars which aren't too far off. The best hot sauce for caesars in my experience, bar none, is yellow seven turkey slap. It marries very well with the drink and gives it a nice kick.

Not sure where you are at, but if you can find Garden District Bloody Mary's, they are so much better than zing-zang. But I agree with the Tito's!

four cups of mr. and mrs. t bold and spicy,one cup of skyy

this next part is by feel after 3 or 4 pictures you will get it down

turn hotsauce bottle upside down for about 4 or 5 seconds,just regular hot sauce. at the moment im using valentina extra hot,,tapatio would work just fine

do the same with some worcestershire sauce,texas creek makes the best. im out at moment so ive been using lea&perrins
a few shakes of pepper,and a few grinds of sea salt

blend on low and enjoy. feel free to top with any garnishes.

i know you didnt want to use a mix but its hard to beat this! :drunk:

Jackie, do whatever Sicman says. Trust me.

The Sic family knows a thing or two about Bloody Marys (and Marias).

I was enlightened a week ago by their mixing prowess!

Too much work buying differnt' liquors for differnt drank lessin' its a duckfart. No more bloody mary's for moi. It's tequila only for bloody maria's. A squeeze of lime and toss the lime wedge in, add a tablespoon of olive brine and about 10 olives, and about 3 splooges of sriracha. Bam-a-lam!

Pickled 'sparagus ain't a bad thang either.

I am with you, I hate mixes.
Here's my tried and true Bloody Maria recipe.
You can change out the Tequilla with Vodka, and the Tabasco with what ever you like (vinegar based).
1/4 oz lemon juice (fresh sqeezed is best)
Couple dashes Worcheshtershire sauce
Dashes Celery Salt
Fresh ground Black Pepper
Dashes Tabasco sauce
1-1/2 oz. good Tequilla (Gold and NOT Quervo)
4 oz Tomatoe Juice
Celery Stalk

Shake all ingredients with ice and pour over Ice.
Try it with Tabasco, you might like it. Multiply the recipe X 5 or 6 and make yourself a pitcher.

Hope this helps.

Here's a couple recipes I have saved in my recipe book...

1 oz. Absolut Vodka or a good silver Tequila (I like Herradura)
4 dash(es) Worcestershire Sauce
4 dash(es) Hot Sauce (I use my own Hab, Bhut, or whatever I commercial brand I like at the moment)
2 dash(es) Pickle Juice
2 dash(es) Olive Brine
1/2 tsp fresh grated or bottled horseradish creme (I like Beaver Brand)
Tomato Juice (I like V8, or the mix recipe that follows below)
Pepper (To taste)
Celery Salt (To taste
Salt (To taste)

Fill a mug with ice and pour back and fourth between two glasses to mix it well. Garnish with olives, a pickle and a slice of lime.

To make 1 gallon of basic mix:

2x 46 ounce cans tomato juice
1x 10 ounce can beef bouillon
1 teaspoon coarsely-ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
4 ounces lemon juice
5 ounces Worcestershire sauce
Favorite hot sauce to taste

For a commercial mix, I really like Dmitri's, but it can be hard to find. Get the "Basic" or the "Extra Horseradish" version, the other one has Tabasco in it.

Back