• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

New Drama - Carbonero

ajdrew said:
fert, that is the thing that really confuses the heck out of me.  Other than the occasional new Guinness title, I dont know that there is all that much money in seed stock.  I could be wrong, just doesnt seem like enough for all the bs.  Now hot sauces that make a serious name for themselves sure.  But a year after someone introduces a new pepper, so many other people are growing the thing and then sharing or selling the seeds.

Now keep in mind, my family farm is tiny compared to a lot of seed sellers.  I could have it all wrong.
Well you sell seeds, i think you probably know the economical side of this better than i do. Could be just ego at play too, or just a case of a nasty person, hard to tell for sure.

Fert, could be but I have no clue.  Maybe I am missing something cause the whole taking a pepper and claiming it for your own does not make sense to me.  Kind of like robbing a gas station.  Just not all that much money.

Back