NEW Extreme Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with JSCR.... I appreciate the site and all the info. I will gladly add in my part in to keep a great site up!
I really like the data storage option, as I don't like uploading to PB and back.
I'm in as soon as I get back to the hizzouse.

Glad you were able to use the CC function. Thanks. Enjoy the unlimited data as well. :)

Sorry Im the First person to say it, and Im sorry that I am saying it, but I don't like the Idea. Before any one else says it, I know I can go else where if I don't like it...

The point of this thread is for feed back or just to let us know about the change? If it is for feed back you have mine.

Private, Extreme Growing.... :rolleyes: IMHO Knowledge should be free.
Every thing that is posted in the Private thread is info that will be missed in the free version. Basically if I don't pay then I am out of the loop.
Tired of all the clutter and activity in the growing section? Extreme Growing is a private forum for growing tips and techniques for newbies and pros alike

I feel like crap that I am the thorn in the side, but that's how I feel. If how I feel as a member doesn't matter then forget I said anything.

Looks like I will be out guys, Grow on chili heads. I will be checking my PM box for a while if anyone wants my info.

It's optional, and nothing changed to your membership. Well, sorry to see you go because I offered additional features. Take care.

I ordered it this morning, but no joy as far as accessing the Extreme stuff yet. I take it requires the $deity of THP to do the upgrade :)

I signed up as well... figure I owe the site something for bringing me so much info and amusement :)

Not sure how long it takes for the membership to kick in, but will keep checking...

I signed up as well... figure I owe the site something for bringing me so much info and amusement :)

Not sure how long it takes for the membership to kick in, but will keep checking...

Me too. Maybe if we offer a sacrifice to the THP deities consisting of Morugas or Scorpions, we'll get a quicker response. I'm getting the ingredients to do AJ's puree tonight with the peppers I got from PepperLover, so I'll have something to offer soon :)

Checking into why it did not automatically upgrade you. Please hold tight.

Aye sir, holding tight!

And on the off-chance it may be relevant, I've logged myself off and back on in case the change requires us to log back in, and it still shows me as just a Member.

I think it's the CC, but not paypal so members please use paypal until this is sorted thanks!

That would be it. I used my CC to make the purchase.

Cayennemist, you and I see things slightly different...

The paid version gets most of us away from the 300 posts of "OMGONZORS my PLANT IS YELLOW" that come through the regular growing section. While its important to answer those questions for the neophytes, its nice to have a place where those who've been around a while can kick back together.

Don't think of it as "hidden knowledge", because - frankly - the private forums generally are slower, and we will all most likely be in all of the original growing forums as well.

As far as I can tell, the essence of the site, and what makes it great is remaining the same, with the additional option of a place for the seasoned pepper gardeners to hang out apart from those still wet behind the ears.

All of the threads that are/have been in the growing section are still there.

There is still a treasure trove of knowledge.

Anyone with "extreme" by there name won't stop being helpful simply because they paid 17$/year for membership.

There is still the free ad's section, and so forth. Still all the social forums, the cooking forums, the chili-business related forums...

You are kind of turning your back on a community over something kind of sill - no offense =(. It comes across as more of a pout, than anything.

I wish you luck whether you stay or go, and I hope your garden is successful.

I'll get back to you guys in pending mode asap I have to have the tech look at what happened first so I have to leave it as is. As stated earlier will be some quirks. Thanks

Duly noted. Thanks for looking into it

Well its been a few years but im glad my supporter accounts idea went into action. I wonder if some of you guys who shot it down in 2009 are ok with it now in 2012. Check out the link to the debate a few years ago.

http://thehotpepper....ts/#entry264741

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:45 PM
How do you feel about Supporter accounts being available at www.thehotpepper.com?

Some forums i have seen have the option to buy supporter accounts for a monthly or year fee in these accounts you are given extras for your pledged support to the site such as:

"Supporter" Status Flag - Optional special "S" flag by your name, similar to "M" and "A" flags for mods and admins.

Personalized Email Address - such as hophead@thehotpepper.com.

Larger Avatars - Supporters can have avatars with larger dimensions

Increased Signature Length

Custom Username Colors - Select a custom color or gradient for your displayed username.

Unrestricted Image Uploads - Supporters can upload as many images as they want, as long as each image is under 1MB.

No Banner Ads - All advertising can be disabled for supporters.

Access to the exclusive supporter only forums.

These are only some examples of extras members could receive if the supporter account idea goes forward - in most forums i have seen with these options the money goes to server costs.

Arenal Botanical Garden
elcap1999
PapaBill

I'm still working on this but you have the Extreme access as of now.

Anyone else with the issue?

:woohoo: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :fireball:

Just noticed it now. Thanks for continuing to work on it. I was gonna ask why mine didn't say Extreme Biz, but it's kind of a moot question if it's still being worked on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back