NEW Extreme Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there.

By the way paypal is hooked up and working fine.
The CC is disabled until fixed.

What was the answer to regular members purchasing from the new classifieds?
Everyone can see the classifieds - it appears only vendors can post there (which I'll do as soon as I have some time to sit down and think about it)I just clicked the page like .0485 seconds after they launched. I am curious though about the names of the product categories - would I list sauce under "condiments"? Seems like at The Hot Pepper there should be a "hot sauce" category for product listings. :cheers:

Extreme and Extreme Biz can post there Free. Biz is Featured. Members can too for $2 an ad, but better to just upgrade, at least for one month at $3.50.

Yes, Condiments. Hot sauce is one. ;)

Am good to go now, thanks... I just figured it took a bit for my bank to clear it off a credit card... the bostiches act like it's their money (except when it comes to making more of it)... :)

Thanks again!

Sorry Im the First person to say it, and Im sorry that I am saying it, but I don't like the Idea. Before any one else says it, I know I can go else where if I don't like it...

The point of this thread is for feed back or just to let us know about the change? If it is for feed back you have mine.

Private, Extreme Growing.... :rolleyes: IMHO Knowledge should be free.
Every thing that is posted in the Private thread is info that will be missed in the free version. Basically if I don't pay then I am out of the loop.

I feel like crap that I am the thorn in the side, but that's how I feel. If how I feel as a member doesn't matter then forget I said anything.

Looks like I will be out guys, Grow on chili heads. I will be checking my PM box for a while if anyone wants my info.

It cost money to support the access of information. Nothing in life is free. If you help support it, you get access to better features. If not, there's still everything that this site has been for years, that is still available for free. Doings pretty generous to me. I think a site supported by its members is far better than a site funded by Advertisers trying to get your money. It's considered putting in your part. None of the information on the web, in a library or gained through personal experience is free.

If you don't pay, the site is the same, if you do pay you get added benefits and other options. The site costs THP money to provide. It should not be his burden alone to bare. I consider it earning your keep. If someone can't afford it or feels it should be given to them for free and doesn't think it right to pay, the site stays the same as before. I'm sure the site will for the most part continue running the same as before and all of the awesome people on THP will continue sharing their knowledge with everyone. I know I will.

I must concur with 3/5. Granted, I'm still relatively new here compared to some others (I only started here 6 months ago), but the resources on here are awesome, and I felt it was incumbent upon me to give back. And having run websites previously, I knew it was something that cost a lot of time & money. And speaking of which, the things I learned on here ended up saving me quite a bit, simply because others had already gone through it, thus saving me all the trouble & effort of having to muddle my way through it myself.

And as has been said quite a few times, if you don't want to pay, you don't have to. It's not as if THP is putting the proverbial gun to everyone's head to make this into an exclusively pay site. Being that this is his site, he's within his rights to make it into an exclusively pay site, but instead, the overwheming majority of the stuff is still just as accessible as it was before. Only two sections have been made available to people who pay, and the features listed above, but beyond that, you can peruse everything you like to your leisure. I'm sure THP won't shed any tears if only some people go for Extreme Membership initially, but every little bit helps this site out, and I'd like to help contribute in any small way possible to its continual upkeep and improvement.

I'm happy to throw in a couple bucks if it'll keep massive ads and those annoying pop-up ads that show up every time you click to a new page off the site.

I'm with SL and others - I really enjoy The Hot Pepper, and I too recognize that it takes $ to keep the lights on.

I was going to just do the extreme member, but I figured what the heck - as a business it's likely tax deductable as an "adversizing expense" and even if it wasn't I still don't mind kicking in my share to help support the best community on the web.

Really excited about some of the new features and can't wait to explore them further. Glad to see this evolution, boss! :cheers:

What the hell is this "optional" membership? THP PM'd me and said I had to pay up...he told me to consider it a "putting up with your dumb ass tax"...and he was going to charge me double...

:DLOB:

And the rest of us got an additional discount for putting up with you also! :lol:

xoxo LB

There is no such thing as free. Someone, somewhere along the line is paying for all of us to use the servers etc that make up this site. I love this site, and I'm more than happy to pony up later on this evening when the kids go to bed. I don't know how much I would use a private area until I try it out and see, but in all honesty I don't care because that is not the point as far as I'm concerned.

I had a minute and just tried to use paypal to pay for the updated account, and they did not accept the redemption code so I "x"ed out to figure out what went wrong. Am I supposed to be using the code at the Paypal screen, or did I miss something along the way?

You missed it in the cart.

Your pending invoice is in your Client Area.

was 50percent discount available for biz also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back