New Forum

found a little bug.. not sure if it is one, but you cant always see everyone in the chat room... they can still chat but you dont see them in the box on the side

Will look into everything.

Fixed that peach color that was messing up the forum look.

I like the new look just a few kinks to work out and thanks, now I don't have to update my lame profile! No one really wants to know me anyway!

Invision Power Board is great forum software. There are a lot of tools for the Admins to use to run the board, and so many options they can enable. I am already used to it because of other forums that I am active on have been using it for some time. One of the reasons that other forums went with updated software was for security, hackers had figured out how to get into the older versions. The members initially did not like it, no one likes change when its having someone else pick out something you use, but once you figure out your own way you will forget about the old forum. The smilies (emticons) are there, click on the smilie in the tool bar of the reply box, then on "show all". You will find a lot of new tools you can use as a member, look closely at the entire page on your screen. You will find numerous clickable words and symbols.

Thank You THP for all the hard work you do, it was a change you had to do.........

I could have explained it like that but you did it better ;)

The older software had too many bugs and was not progressing like this one.

thanks Pi, I see the "return to Top" key now. I was looking for a large button on the right- LOL

Looks like features are coming back one by one, like locations and heat levels. Give it a few more days and they'll get all the glitches worked out.

I'm sure I'll get used to the change. And I'm sure that as soon as I finally will be used to it the next evolution of forum software will have happened and the next change will take place. This is possibly one of the top ten paragraphs in web-law...

Thanks

Smiley issue I think is fixed.

Working on other probs.

The color change will take some getting used to, but overall seems a bit easier to read. I think as the bugs are worked out it will be more user friendly. Thanks for working on improving the place! I do hope we can get the sauce bottles back instead of the dots. I did like that touch.

1 more bug to look at though. Not sure if it is just me, but when I click on a subfolder up top, I get an error message that says I don't have permission to view forum.

For example:

The Hot Pepper > thehotpepper.com > Announcements.

When I click on "thehotpepper,com" I get that message. I have to go back to the home page to go into the subfolder I wanted to. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!
jacob

Back