• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

New starwars

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/10/30/disney-purchases-lucasfilm-new-star-wars-episode-7-movie-planned-for-2015-release

Disney will f this one up for sure.

I don't know about that, to be honest. I'm still on the fence about how this will all play out. But considering what Disney has done with the Marvel movies, on top of how badly George Lucas failed with Episodes 1-3, I have some hope that they will make it work.

I just hope that one day there will be a live action movie for Shadows of the Empire.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read that Episodes 7-9 will be completely original stories, and they will be completely disregarding all of the novels that took place after Return of the Jedi. Disney just alienated all of the old school Star Wars fans, myself included. :rolleyes:

http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/star-wars-7-plot-will-be-an-original-story-says-lucasfilm-source

I think the Legacy comic would make a good movie, it's set far enough into the future that the story could start fresh. I doubt Disney would go for a drug addicted jedi though.

I just died a little inside.

I was diagnosed as terminal the second I realized in Episode 1 that Jar Jar Binks was anything but a passing bit part. As soon as I figured out he was a major character, my soul started it's long and windy journey to the bright white light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree that Disney has thus far managed to not completely F up the Marvel properties, but they had a LOT of material to choose from given the history of the franchises they were working with (e.g. X-Men, Spiderman, Avengers) - but Star Wars cannon is not really something to deviate from.

The saddest part?

I'll still see 'em. Because I have to. :(

Been a long time since I stood in line with my dad & big brother in 1977 in San Francisco....the line went around the block.

im going to have faith and say that disney will do a good job. i think they know whats at stake here. maybe just wishfull thinking but thats what i want to see.

What's this? Lucasfilms sold to Disney?

Plah!

So the new story will have Nemo, The little mermaid and Darth Vader in it?

How cute.

Yeah, I won't even watch it when it comes around on the USA network in 10 years...

Bastards!

Due to my 2 year olds love for all things Mickey, my wife will more than likely make me watch it with her. Don't worry, I will watch it in protest will fataliis and beer in hand :)

Blank stare
Face palm
Deep breath
Blaster in mouth

With that said. I'll definitely watch them (many, many times), quote them, and probably absolutely love them.

I'm trying to remain somewhat hopeful about this new trilogy. But if Disney completely disregards all of the post-ROTJ novels, then I will probably hate these new movies with a passion.

I think disney will do a good job. I think most of their live action stuff....pirates of the caribbean, marvel movies have been done very well. I LOOOOVed the iron man movies and Avengers and I'm totally looking forward to the 3rd. They have the $$ for the killer special effects that star wars deserves and I'm sure that a lot of long time fans and probably a lot of people who have been involved with the production of them in the past will be helping with them again.

51C17C12-D3A5-4D82-82E1-F061E7F59C06-42464-00000B78FCE6F62D_zpsb532cc45.jpg

133A6E34-B466-4868-8194-3B96D5BED5BB-42464-00000B78FDA8894C_zps3ad3b9e5.jpg

AEAE34B4-ACB2-4B73-B358-A808C61C710A-42464-00000B79099D73DC_zps1278ce7e.jpg

When you wish upon a Death Star

There are always 2 Sith Lords. Seems like that would have to be a starting point as the end of Darth Vader brought balance back to the universe. Where will the Sith Lords spawn from? Why would they (Disney) neglect the story of Han and Leia's jedi powered kids? Unless Luke goes all Dagobah "cave" prediction and follows daddy....

Best starfighter in the galaxy ol' Luke is/was. Isn't that what Anakin was known for?

Back