• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair - A Winter One

I prefer to post from the titular chair when I can. So, here I am, having found the gall to start another glog. There are still another couple few months to go before I get to eat my rookie cap, but my experience has been rich - mostly, I think, from taking my first grow way too seriously. And I've suffered for it. And I've grown for the suffering. This plant will not be suffered over, lol.

I'll be growing one plant over the winter next to my chair here in my little library. Pictured below, then, is a tiny death race. The first to slough his seed case and spread his cotys green and true will live on in glorious victory. The losers will be ceremoniously thanked and unceremoniously discarded. One plant.

20191003-182604.jpg

Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings!

El Misterioso is drinking a cup of nutrient solution a day. He's six inches tall at most and has at least a dozen growth tips up top. Secondary branches from the stem proliferate.

My first winter attempt was an abject failure. All the seeds molded over :(

I'm waiting for the seed train so when it arrives, I'll pick something and try again.

Siv said:
My first winter attempt was an abject failure. All the seeds molded over :(

I'm waiting for the seed train so when it arrives, I'll pick something and try again.

D'oh.  That's a shame.  Can't say I'm surprised, though.  That poor plant..  Those seeds came from the only pod that looked at least halfway viable.  It was certainly worth a try.

CaneDog said:
Just ridiculous E.  Wasted no time getting down to business, did it

Sure seems eager, agree.  He's only eight or nine inches tall. Bushy. Likes to grow laterally. 

I'm topping up the fluid twice a day. Using bottled spring water and less fertilizer this year. 

That is just crazy, Unc! Pods already and looking
like a princess decked out for the prom!

Is that an aphid I see?

Just kidding, bro - your plant looks awesome!

Back