• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair - A Winter One

I prefer to post from the titular chair when I can. So, here I am, having found the gall to start another glog. There are still another couple few months to go before I get to eat my rookie cap, but my experience has been rich - mostly, I think, from taking my first grow way too seriously. And I've suffered for it. And I've grown for the suffering. This plant will not be suffered over, lol.

I'll be growing one plant over the winter next to my chair here in my little library. Pictured below, then, is a tiny death race. The first to slough his seed case and spread his cotys green and true will live on in glorious victory. The losers will be ceremoniously thanked and unceremoniously discarded. One plant.

20191003-182604.jpg

Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings!

CaneDog said:
Your mystery yellow is looking freaking awesome, E.  Seriously!  I see some gnarly on at least one pod as well.  Any guesses yet on the secret identity?

Thanks, CaneDog!

Based on Bold Badger's posted info the most likely is 7 Pot yellow.  Slightly pointy and gnarly bumpy seems to be the pheno.

Uncle_Eccoli said:

Thanks, CaneDog!

Based on Bold Badger's posted info the most likely is 7 Pot yellow.  Slightly pointy and gnarly bumpy seems to be the pheno.

7 Pot Yellow is a win in my book!   Funny, just from your pics and knowing it's a yellow I was thinking 7 Pot Yellow - despite it being still early to be sure.  Mine often produces those little smooth pods early then rolls into big gnarly surfaced pods.

HeatMiser said:
That's a great looking plant you have there! It's amazing how much growth they can put in in a short amount of time if the conditions are right. 

Thank you kindly, gentle sir!  I credit my success to the good folk of THP and well formulated nutrients. 

lespaulde said:
Looks gorgeous Unc, what a happy plant! When are you going to taste the first pod(s)?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks! 

See that half yellow leaf in the first pic at the bottom of the plant?  Directly above the yellow half is a large half ripened pod - I'm waiting on that one. 

The Dune series is one of my favorites of all time.
I have read every one, including all the prequels
and sequels. It's awesome to read them in the
chronological order of their history rather than
publishing date. A master work from first to last
book!

The Foundation series by Asimov is another one,
same thing there. The chronological order makes
for an awesome read!

Lovecraft is outrageous, too. I need to read some
of those again.

Back