• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Next to My Chair - A Winter One

I prefer to post from the titular chair when I can. So, here I am, having found the gall to start another glog. There are still another couple few months to go before I get to eat my rookie cap, but my experience has been rich - mostly, I think, from taking my first grow way too seriously. And I've suffered for it. And I've grown for the suffering. This plant will not be suffered over, lol.

I'll be growing one plant over the winter next to my chair here in my little library. Pictured below, then, is a tiny death race. The first to slough his seed case and spread his cotys green and true will live on in glorious victory. The losers will be ceremoniously thanked and unceremoniously discarded. One plant.

20191003-182604.jpg

Any and all comments or criticisms are very welcome and I thank you all most warmly for having me and schooling me and reading my noodlings!

"Topping off the fluid three times a day to keep it
between four and five cups.  Happy little plant;
nothing to do but water and watch."

At the rate that is setting pods, it might be good
practice to try isolating some just for grins, even
though it's not necessary in your case, with only
one plant; they will all be isolated!

PaulG said:
"Topping off the fluid three times a day to keep it
between four and five cups.  Happy little plant;
nothing to do but water and watch."

At the rate that is setting pods, it might be good
practice to try isolating some just for grins, even
though it's not necessary in your case, with only
one plant; they will all be isolated!

You know, I was just reading yesterday about gluing flowers shut..
:think:

Being jealous of UncleE and his indoor garden, I decided to try my own. First attempt was a failure - it seems I have forgotten how to germinate seeds. Second attempt was much more successful. I decided to get one of those tent thingies so the wife wouldn't complain about the light pollution.
49323292623_0dd4635802_c.jpg

And I have a few on the go - one took a bit of a beating but I'm only planning on keeping one anyway.
49323991642_37563853c3_c.jpg

The plant's still growing quickly and setting lots of pods.  It's been dropping lots of fertilized flowers, too, though, always at about the same stage of development.  The little protopods are about 3/16" in diameter when the stem goes yellow and lets go.  Does it need more nutrient, maybe?

Nothing ripening yet. Starting to wonder what I'm going to do with this guy when I'm ready to start my 2020 seedlings. He's doing so well I'd hate to compost him.

20200119-104723.jpg

20200119-104733.jpg

20200119-104754.jpg

Also - testing out this flood light I got from Amazon for cheap.  $26 plus an old pigtail I found in my electrical stash.  150W.  The seedling is a Freeport Orange from my saved seed I've been germ testing.  Godspeed, little bonnet.

20200119-110918.jpg

Back